85-93 Superliner

r686st

Specs I'm looking for:

1- air ride suspension not larger than 44 rears

2- 300 horsepower up to 500 horsepower v8 mack motor, cat and cummins also welcome

3- prefer single frame but will consider double frame

4- prefer bud wheels but will consider Dayton wheels

5- I have no transmission preference FYI: I will be hauling gravel and minimal lowboy work.

6- prefer dual exhaust but will consider single exhaust

7- daycab

8- tandem drive axles

9- prefer wet kit installed but will consider a truck without it

10- prefer blockable fifth wheel but will consider pivoting

Thanks for all of your help and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

BTW: I'd like to stay under $30k if possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I paid $12,000 for mine, and it needed a lot of work. It was rust free, with good tires. And aluminium steers and tanks. It also had fresh paint. The frame on mine has a bit of spread. Mine is spec'd the same as the one you are looking at. I would think that one is in the $9k to $12k range depending on mechanical condition.... Just my two cents.

And that yellow one on truckpaper is in the ritchie brothers sale history, it sold for a lot less than they asking.

This one has cab rot the size of a softball by the exhaust upright, a little surface rust throughout various spots, a piece broken off the fender(passenger side), starburst on the driver side where it hit something. No frame spread however it needs two steer tires and has aluminum everything. I was thinking due to these situations it would be between 8 and 10 does that sound right?

A $10,000 truck isn't a bad deal if it can be put to work without too much elbow grease. Cosmetic repairs can always wait. I think with mine, some of the stuff that has been the most frustrating is repairs that are due to age more than anything else. Replacing the tanks due to corrosion, cracked and dry rotted hoses.... But it all adds up. Pretty soon that $10k truck is a $30k truck.

I looked up that yellow RW, sold at Ritchie bros dec. of 13 for $8,000

I guess I am late to this party but I would have said 5K-7K depending on the rust out. Remember that truck is only worth what someone will pay you or you are willing to pay. From what I have seen lots of older trucks sell for 6K-12K the high priced ones are always for sale. Now if it had papers that it had a reman motor or transmission or a crap load of stuff done and you can still tell they are new parts that can always bring a better price.

Rust and corrosion repair can get expensive because you lose on down time and plus time and materials, just paint and metal work if you do it yourself would be around 700-1000 depending on paint and stuff. You would change the door seals, window channel, maybe a headlight bucket.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."