New Service Truck F600

TozziWelding

She has a big block gas burner, more power and reliability than the 6.5 and about the same fuel mileage. To say it is over built is an understatement, the water pump is twice the size of a regular 460, 8 quart oil pan, double size oil filter, spin on fuel filter, giant radiator and dual thermostats. I have a nice 4BBl manifold and Edelbrock carb to go on top after she hits the road.

She has a big block gas burner, more power and reliability than the 6.5 and about the same fuel mileage. To say it is over built is an understatement, the water pump is twice the size of a regular 460, 8 quart oil pan, double size oil filter, spin on fuel filter, giant radiator and dual thermostats. I have a nice 4BBl manifold and Edelbrock carb to go on top after she hits the road.

Nice- didn't think the 460 was offered in F-600's, thought 429's were the biggest block. They would run hot-I saw a Boston Globe delivery truck on 495 one night and the muffler was glowing red!

Red Horse it is a baby 370, but still a 385 series engine, the old globe truck was probably one of the later fuel infected ones with a cat. I wont be running 100 miles of 495 with it so it will do me well.If i feel the need later I can always drop in a 5.9 Cummins or a DT466 without much sweat.