Dodge Bighorn

other dog

Tony Youngbloods Shorthorn was at the Chrysler proving grounds til Fiat took over all things Mopar.

post-3242-0-21526700-1397698976_thumb.jp

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It very we'll could be Gross Lumbers Big Horn you saw Otherdog. I've seen that tan colour Bighorn pulling a flat bed load of lumber down around Norwalk OH when I used to haul pipe down to Dalton and Wooster about 6 or 7 years ago. It was all polished up and looked really good.

Yup, Gross lumber had a fleet of Bighorns. They still run that tan one around Ohio a lot. The truck is a little rough, but still roadworthy.

Here's Jim Tomer(of mack fame) standing next to that exact truck.

May09_0001.jpg

Jimbo came to Canton a few years back and we took a drive down and hung out for a couple hours. Met up with one of the bosses and talked. They have a building full of Bighorns and swing fender Dodges. One is getting a full blown restoration, not sure if/when it is done now.

ha-ha, told you I saw Bighorn! Thanks for co-robber rating my story Larry, I thought you might know of it, I saw it between Canton and Newcomerstown.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Joe,you are right,most all HHG's carrirers have a very strict policy on tractor appearance/colors, though i have seen a few exceptions over the years for limited edition,special,or anniversary trucks. Atlas gives you six weeks to get tractor painted WHITE! and has guidelines for any stripes, company decals etc. I almost lost my contract with Atlas when I got my new MH,it was ordered white with blue stripes outlined in gold,but when it came in,it was blue with white stripes! It took some real fancy footwork to retain my lease! Salesman at Horner Mack reversed the colors on my order sheet by mistake,but Mack knocked $5000.00 off the top which is what it would have cost them to repaint it!.......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

They say I'm good for sumthin..............they just won't say for what???

I wasn't looking forward to riding that bicycle up there. I'd have to run Hawk's Nest because I don't think I could maintain the minimum speed pedaling up Sandstone Mountain.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Lol! it is hard work! and you earn every damn dime of it too! but,HHG's is still the highest paying revenue freight you can put on a truck. I did it for about 9 years,then transferred over to Special Products,high value,electronics division I made damn good money at it it too. but just like everything else,all the "perks" and extra money went away. When I started,the policy at Atlas was you had to have at least 5-6 years HHG experience before they would even consider transferring you to Special Products,now you can walk in off the street and as long as you have a tractor Atlas will sign you on pretty much right on the spot! you do get some "training" but not like the old days. All in all I was leased to Atlas for 22 years,and up until till the end,never had one serious complaint with them........................Mark

Ever drove a Bighorn........not cool. that cab was not made for air ride seats, the front window is small, and that hood is just huge!. You could run over an entire family and not know it.

One of my first trucks was a Dodge with a big 413 V8.....I think. I was just a teen ager and I had it in a diesel shop getting some work done. Why I picked it up the mechanics were laughing, as they took an F model Mack front handle and bulldog and put it on the hood as well as used the DODGE emblems in the front that now read...........DOG. It was cool!

this is a neat site........... www.allpar.com/trucks/dodge/heavy-duty

if you have trouble with the link just google it and find it there. for some reason when it takes you to the site via the address above you cannot find the same link.

More Dodges i've seen at ATHS shows in Troutman, N.C, Lincolnton, N.C, and Winchester, Va.

attachicon.gifBH100_4571.jpg

attachicon.gifTom-26.jpg

attachicon.gifTom-27.jpg

These were just super sharp looking-

attachicon.gifTroutman,N.C. 7-28-07 089.jpg

The Winchester VA show has the most Dodge trucks I've ever seen at a show. mostly Fire units but a ton none the less.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Randy Englehart is the fellow with the Emeryville. I've never seen the K100 either, so can't comment. He does run produce from Florida if I recall, so that reefer could be his?

This past winter I was running Rt 90 over to Erie PA for work and passed Randy. I was surprised to see him running it in the salt. Got a quick shot in the mirror:

randy_zps852d8d78.jpg

That's him. I only get by his place when it's dark nowadays, but I'm pretty sure that's the stripes and colors he has on the KW.

Jim

I talked to the owner of that Emeryville at the ATHS conv. in Baltimore,pretty nice guy as I recall,we were talking about how many trucks that were not DRIVEN to the show...................................................Mark

I talked to the owner of that Emeryville at the ATHS conv. in Baltimore,pretty nice guy as I recall,we were talking about how many trucks that were not DRIVEN to the show...................................................Mark

Mark, I have a picture of a 11 yd Rex concrete truck mount on special built 1962 Emeryville we had 15 of these built for Colonial Sand and Stone! The picture is on this site called "My first mixer" but I don't know how to transfer it over!!! I drove that truck for a couple a years, it was a good truck that pulled good and ran fast with a good old 238 Detroit an a 5+4 double over 89,000 with 11 yds 475 gal of water over head and 100 gal in the drum

BULLHUSK