New Mack News

For all the Volvo haters out there......should I take a couple pages here and list all the warranty issues with my new "hand crafted in the U.S.A." Western Star 4900.

The grass isn't any greener on the other side my friends.

For all the Volvo haters out there......should I take a couple pages here and list all the warranty issues with my new "hand crafted in the U.S.A." Western Star 4900.

The grass isn't any greener on the other side my friends.

That's a Mercedes not a US product! Lol, they're all gonna have issues, you can't stick all the extra emissions and govt compliance crap on a truck and not have issues, not to mention all the new technology that truck makers think we want in our trucks. I don't know about everybody else but a mechanical engine with a manual transmission and std camelback rears is good for me, I don't need a driver information center or GPS telemetry to haul a load.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

True, owned my Mercedes, but built in USA. And actually, the Detroit DD15 is awesome. No problems at all and performs very good. All the problems are with the build quality of the truck.

Even funnier is I had pics and posts on the Star owners site and then when I posted all the problems I suddenly disappeared LOL. Guess they don't like bad advertising, LOL.

True, owned my Mercedes, but built in USA. And actually, the Detroit DD15 is awesome. No problems at all and performs very good. All the problems are with the build quality of the truck.

Even funnier is I had pics and posts on the Star owners site and then when I posted all the problems I suddenly disappeared LOL. Guess they don't like bad advertising, LOL.

ha nice!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Ive heard stories from die hard Western star guys that the newer ones are not as well constructed as the older ones. They say the hoods crack and the doors shells are paper thin. I know the older stars were tough trucks we had a couple . But like every thing else now days they cheapened them up.