Just a dream

Marcel67

I'm thinking, there are people who sell replicas of cobra's and people who enjoy buying them. So here my idea. Let's say Mack (volvo) would let me build replicas of the MH, Superliners , cruise liners and R models. You could build it your self or have it build and get options of rebuild mack engines, or for V8 fans like me put scania V8 or rebuild E9. How many of you would like to purchase or like this idea.

Who knows its possible.

• Like 1

That's a complicated idea. It would be Easyer to an MH and go trough it. Trying to make every little part would be way to expensive, engines would be the other issue, it would have to do Cat, Cum, DD, and Mack eng, then you are looking for a pre2002 eng so you will have a rebuild, I wish Mack would make a stand alone system for the MP8-10 to swap into an older chaise. I like the idea but volvas making it hard to do. Remember just my opinion.

I would like some retro trucks!

The way things are going with the guv'ment, you could have some interesting conversations with the EPA and federal DOT.

Probably better to do some rebuilding/restoring versus manufacturing.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Maybe like Dynacorn's replacement bodies and cab units. Brand new bodies the take repro or oem parts to build what you want. Body assemblies seem to be the biggest draw back for most people. A complete new cab assembly would sure make it easier for a ton of people

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Maybe like Dynacorn's replacement bodies and cab units. Brand new bodies the take repro or oem parts to build what you want. Body assemblies seem to be the biggest draw back for most people. A complete new cab assembly would sure make it easier for a ton of people

We'll yes that what I got in mind, not to build from scratch but take a existing MH or super liner but you be able to build it back up like new with retro parts. Like new cab panels, interior parts. For example cat lost some rights to older cat parts and now you have these companies producing them. I would rebuild a older truck and spent money than buy new.

We'll yes that what I got in mind, not to build from scratch but take a existing MH or super liner but you be able to build it back up like new with retro parts. Like new cab panels, interior parts. For example cat lost some rights to older cat parts and now you have these companies producing them. I would rebuild a older truck and spent money than buy new.

Put my name on a replacement Level III or IV MH interior....gray preferred. :twothumbsup:

P.S. and new chrome grille sections too. CHEAP!!!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Paul Van Scott had a similar idea a few years ago, buying R models and refurbishing them to resell. It's a wonder some truck makers didn't go with a retro look cab, like the PT Cruiser, Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros, or that Chevrolet that looks like a 50's model panel truck. For instance a new B model cab, but bigger than the original, would look pretty awesome today and be very aerodynamic too. Or maybe a Cannonball GMC, or Ford Super Duty?

Or for me, how about a modern cab that looked like this?..bitchin'!

attachicon.gifBig Mama-2.jpg

1 did, IC with the LONESTAR.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

other dog I have a GMC D-860 like the blue one you have pictured. It has a General Motors 6-71 (pre Detroit Diesel). I cannot post pictures if you want i could send you one.Not the best picture taker but not many of the D-860'S around. It is not restored but is complete. I bought a set of Rockwell cut-offs last year on Hendrickson Walking Beam 5.29 ratio on 22" rubber. I have a Spicer 4 speed auxiliary I will put in it if I ever get off my dead a$$. Joe D.

I'm thinking, there are people who sell replicas of cobra's and people who enjoy buying them. So here my idea. Let's say Mack (volvo) would let me build replicas of the MH, Superliners , cruise liners and R models. You could build it your self or have it build and get options of rebuild mack engines, or for V8 fans like me put scania V8 or rebuild E9. How many of you would like to purchase or like this idea.

Who knows its possible.

I have often thought about the same thing with the later Brockways with the Mack cab and the tilt nose?? It would not be difficult to reman that Broc. hood and with a few mod's on the cab (turn the roof around and change the cowl and dash thats all it would take) ..... Why not a glider kit? Boy I'll tell ya what!! Ha they do it with Cobras an old Fords!!

BULLHUSK

Who knows its possible.

I like this idea, now all we need is a few investers with some $$$ and I think it would take off

BULLHUSK

Looking at a short list of whats reproduced, a B or R would have the best shots. Here is a partial list of whats there for the car crowd. With all these why wouldn't a B or R body be possible?

Real Deal Steel: 1955 Chevy convertible, 2-door hardtop and 2-door sedan, 1956 Chevy convertible, 1957 Chevy convertible and 2-door hardtop. 1940 Ford coupe, 1969 Camaro Coupe, 1965 Mustang 2+2

Dynacorn: GM models ’67, ’68 & ‘69 Camaro coupe and convertible, ’69 Firebird coupe and convertible, ’70 Chevelle coupe and convertible, ’47-’50 & ’52-’54 Chevy pickup cab and ’55- ’57 Chevy pickup cab. Ford models ’65-’66 Ford Mustang convertible, ’67-’68-’69 & ’70 Ford Mustang fastback & ’66-’76 Ford Bronco. New Mopar offering a 1970 Challenger .

EMI: 1955 and ’57 Chevy convertibles, ’32 and ’34 Ford coupes.

Aqualu Industries: Jeep CJ A and B series, Jeep CJ2 through CJ8, CJ3 Jeep troop carrier, Jeep Scrambler, 1968 Land Cruiser, FJ40, FJ45, Suzuki Samari.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Looking at a short list of whats reproduced, a B or R would have the best shots. Here is a partial list of whats there for the car crowd. With all these why wouldn't a B or R body be possible?

Real Deal Steel: 1955 Chevy convertible, 2-door hardtop and 2-door sedan, 1956 Chevy convertible, 1957 Chevy convertible and 2-door hardtop. 1940 Ford coupe, 1969 Camaro Coupe, 1965 Mustang 2+2

Dynacorn: GM models ’67, ’68 & ‘69 Camaro coupe and convertible, ’69 Firebird coupe and convertible, ’70 Chevelle coupe and convertible, ’47-’50 & ’52-’54 Chevy pickup cab and ’55- ’57 Chevy pickup cab. Ford models ’65-’66 Ford Mustang convertible, ’67-’68-’69 & ’70 Ford Mustang fastback & ’66-’76 Ford Bronco. New Mopar offering a 1970 Challenger .

EMI: 1955 and ’57 Chevy convertibles, ’32 and ’34 Ford coupes.

Aqualu Industries: Jeep CJ A and B series, Jeep CJ2 through CJ8, CJ3 Jeep troop carrier, Jeep Scrambler, 1968 Land Cruiser, FJ40, FJ45, Suzuki Samari.

Like always.....No freekin MOPARS!!!!

BULLHUSK OK just hada go back I didn't see the Challenger! A nice 70 Roadrunner would be nice!

Like always.....No freekin MOPARS!!!!

BULLHUSK OK just hada go back I didn't see the Challenger! A nice 70 Roadrunner would be nice!

I touched a new Challenger body at Muscle Car Magic . . . OOOOOOOOH MOPARRRRRR. . .wish I could justifiy the cost to my wife. A 65 Coronet would be better.

P.T.CHESHIRE

other dog I have a GMC D-860 like the blue one you have pictured. It has a General Motors 6-71 (pre Detroit Diesel). I cannot post pictures if you want i could send you one.Not the best picture taker but not many of the D-860'S around. It is not restored but is complete. I bought a set of Rockwell cut-offs last year on Hendrickson Walking Beam 5.29 ratio on 22" rubber. I have a Spicer 4 speed auxiliary I will put in it if I ever get off my dead a$$. Joe D.

Thanks Joe, i'd love to have a picture. I can send it back to you if you want. It's been one of my favorites since I was a kid. I remember several of them running around the area. The one in the picture used to be a wrecker, it had a 6-71 too, with a 5 speed and 2 speed rear. Then it was sold and used as a grain truck for years, then sold to this guy where I saw it and took the picture.He said he was going to make a rollback out of it, now it's gone from there and I have no idea where it is now.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.