Old Truck Stops and Pics

farmer52

This may be heresy considering the fine foods that many of the mentioned establishments turn out, but has anyone ever been to the biggest McDonalds in the world- the one on I44 in Oklahoma that is built over the interstate??? I remember being in there when I was about 9 or 10 with my father.

Yep, stopped there in 1998. It's in Vinita, OK on I-44. At the time it was supposed to be the

largest McDonald's in the world.

bulldogboy

Chef John's steak and eggs has now been replaced with healthy Chef Steven's steak flavored imitation soy product,and a liberal side order of imitation egg white product (cholesterol you see) hold the cheese! and the hashbrowns! LOL!.................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Can't remember the name of it,but always liked the food at the Atkinson,IL truck stop on I-80,still standing last I knew,but locked up for years, The Hawk I at Coralville,IA,it's a huge mall now. The Cyclone Truckstop on Highway 30 in Ames,IA, Grandview Corners at Highway 61 & 92,

My mother was waitress at Atkinson.Not much left.Motel that was attached was burnt down.That was in in late 60's

Thought Otherdog might get a kick out of this one,way different now eh?........................................................Mark

Yep, it's huge now, got everything there. Even made that show on the Travel Channel, top ten best truckstops or something like that. It actually looked pretty much like this picture when I first stopped there. There was a little shop out back that one mechanic ran, I don't think he was even connected with the truckstop, but i'm not sure about that. And they had like a shed built off the back of the restaurant part there that you pulled through to get tires fixed, one big shower room upstairs, and a very limited menu after 10pm.

When we were hauling chips and pulpwood to Covington we stopped more for fuel and food at the Ponderosa until it closed, then we started fueling at Lee-Hi.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Another pretty famous shithole! Secondi Brothers Milford,CT.........this place has been a dump as long as I can remember! used to be a really nice KW dealer behind them,one of the first truck dealers I remember with an indoor showroom!...............Mark

post-5836-0-29924000-1393121404_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-17013100-1393121474_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Another pretty famous shithole! Secondi Brothers Milford,CT.........this place has been a dump as long as I can remember! used to be a really nice KW dealer behind them,one of the first truck dealers I remember with an indoor showroom!...............Mark

still a dump. Theres a pilot next door thats nicer. We bring the trucks down there to the truck wash behind Secondis

• Like 2

Matt