Hold on to your asses, boys!

1958 F.W.D.

As yall know : Im from W. TN just north of The Bluff City . & the coldest I ever been was when I pulled Trailer frames from 1 Gulstream plant to another on a Run from Elkhart, IN To Montevideo, MN after Katrina .

The fella I was teamed with was from Duluth, MN . It was in the upper 30's the day I started in Elkhart, IN. He looks @ me & says "Rebel all you have is 2 sweat shirts , a pair of long johns & a Carhartt coat ? " I said "yep yankee that's it " he laughed told me where he was from & he knew where we were headed to just 2 to 3 hours south of the US/Canada Border & told me it wasn't cold yet .

I Got just outside of Chicago that damn wind was blowing off that lake , it was snowing & it was a high of 15* for the day 1st thing I asked him was where the nearest Walmart was . . I pulled that T300 KW In a Walmart parking lot , went in & Bought $225 in warm clothes . he laughed his ass off & said You got cold huh? I said yep I thought I knew what cold was till I came up here .

The next few days up North esp when we got to MN W/ a load of frames the high was a blistering Humid 5* for the high one day & -20* that night . there were nights I seen it get down -30* up there . most snow I seen im my life was LA Porte,IN . It started snowing & we were told if the weather got bad to find a hotel & layover & they would reimburse us for the room . We & another truck ran together . We got the last 2 rooms in the Hampton Inn there in LA Porte. our room was on the corner of the building & faced the big road from 1 window & a residential area from the other window.

I went to bed that night w/ a dusting of Snow on the ground I got up the next morning it was so much damn snow . I never knew it could snow so damn much so fast & it was still snowing . they got a total of 38" of snow according to weather reports when it was done.

When I got up the next morning I was already up before my buddy "Yankee" & I was lmao while drinking a cup of coffee

. he wakes up asked what the hell are you laughing @ ? I told him there was this dude Digging out this Honda Accord on the residential street & when he just got the car dug out not even 2 minutes went by these 2 ) Tandem F2574 International Snow plows came down the street & covered the car back up & that dude THREW THE SNOW SHOVEL @ THE 1ST PLOW .

He said that happened a lot up there .

I Came home about a year to year & half later (after we got done w/FEMA We stayed on hauling frames & rv trailers to dealers ) It was close to Christmas my buddy looks @ me & says you know its 28* out here & your in short sleeves & no coat on . I looked @ him & said the wind anit blowing & this is a heat wave from where I been the last few months . he looked @ me & said you been up North too long .. :loldude:

:mack1:

• Like 2

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

I'll volunteer to hold this one (for free mind you!) long as no one has already called "dibs"!.........................................Mark

An oldie but goodie................Know how to convert your dishwasher into a snowblower?.......................................................................Buy her a shovel!

Good ones Mark! I get seconds on the jeans gal. Hey, better than nothing. :idunno:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I'll volunteer to hold this one (for free mind you!) long as no one has already called "dibs"!.........................................Mark

I called dibs back on my last post, go see for yourself! Lol

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Well now it appears that the majority of this storm is going to hit the New England states. Here in Eastern Pa they are forecasting 4-8" but just wait I bet it changes between now and Friday. In any case the snowblower (the one that has a REAL 2-stroke engine, one that's meant to be a 2-stroke) has been serviced and is ready to go, The garage has been straightened out and is ready to accept the WifeMobile.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Well now it appears that the majority of this storm is going to hit the New England states. Here in Eastern Pa they are forecasting 4-8" but just wait I bet it changes between now and Friday. In any case the snowblower (the one that has a REAL 2-stroke engine, one that's meant to be a 2-stroke) has been serviced and is ready to go, The garage has been straightened out and is ready to accept the WifeMobile.

You got a 238 in a snowblower ??

An oldie but goodie................Know how to convert your dishwasher into a snowblower?.......................................................................Buy her a shovel!

Mark, do you know where I can buy a "conversion" kit for my dishwasher? :whistling:

Randy - you in the gutter with me?

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"