My old R model & misc pics

Another BMT member lost to the dark side! lol, you get what you can and what fits the job, its not always what you want.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

The Volvo wasn't what I wanted for sure , but im blaming it on my wife.

Heres why , a few months ago I found a 98 CH613 a nice heavy tractor with a 7000 gallon stainless tanker , JUST WHAT I WANTED! I am not a dickering man and if I want something I buy it without much negotiating. So I am headed out of the shop one day and tell my wife I am headed up to buy this Mack in the next town over. On the way out she says "talk him down ! don't pay full price like you always do!"

So after being ridiculed I get to the truck look it all over for the 3rd time and I want it. Mistake number one , I offer him $2k less than he is asking. He says I will take it but I have to call my partner and see what he says and I will call you tonight. SO the next day he hasn't called and I call him. He says we sold it for full asking price a couple of hrs after you looked at it. THATS why I don't negotiate and will not again! If you see something you need and want, don't screw around dickering over a few thousand dollars, just pay the damn price and get it to work.

• Like 1

Know what you mean DigDug about paying the price because you know what it would go for elsewhere. If you feel alright with the price for the quality,go for it! I too have missed out thinking,"I'll hold out,he'll buckle" .Just to have some other guy say,"I'll take it for that"! Been there,done that!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Know what you mean DigDug about paying the price because you know what it would go for elsewhere. If you feel alright with the price for the quality,go for it! I too have missed out thinking,"I'll hold out,he'll buckle" .Just to have some other guy say,"I'll take it for that"! Been there,done that!

I've never regretted buying something I really wanted. But, I do regret some things I talked myself out of! And, the worst is watching someone else walk away with what I wanted...because they would pay what I wouldn't! Ouch!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

I've never regretted buying something I really wanted. But, I do regret some things I talked myself out of! And, the worst is watching someone else walk away with what I wanted...because they would pay what I wouldn't! Ouch!

Been there, done that. But as someone told me, there is a reason why you did not buy this particular vehicle, part, etc. Usually something better comes along when you least expect it.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Been there, done that. But as someone told me, there is a reason why you did not buy this particular vehicle, part, etc. Usually something better comes along when you least expect it.

Now, that's pretty deep! And, it's an excellent point.

Sometimes, things do happen for a reason.

I DID pass up several old Macks before I got this one. And, some were much nicer. But, I have really enjoyed working on mine. It may never be as nice as some of the ones I passed up. But, it is uniquely MINE!

So, again, excellent point! :twothumbsup:

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Another nugget of wisdom so don't kick yourself, you may drive by that CH on the hook in your Volvo or at the shop needing an overhaul.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."