Real Tractor Pull

farmer52

This has been making the rounds on a few forums I frequent.

Bet that steam engine is 2-3x the weight of the newer version. Plus the 100% torque at zero of the steam engine gives it LOTS of advantage.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Brent,

Nice engine (and Mack). Been to Chambersburg show at Twin Bridges many years ago when they hosted the International Cockshutt Club. Nice show grounds. I will have to put your show on my 2014 calendar and try to attend.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Thanks for the compliments, it is a lot of work keeping one of those engines going. Depending upon condition, most antique steam traction engines in PA run between 100 - 150 psi. A lap seam boiler (where the seam of the boiler is overlapped on itself and riveted) is only allowed 100 psi because it is a weaker design. A butt strap boiler ( the ends of the boiler at the seam are butted together, and a strap is riveted on the outside and inside of the boiler) is allowed to operate up to 150. A fun fact one other owner told me is that a square foot of steam at 100 psi has the same expansion force as 10 pounds of dynomite.