More Stuff

other dog

Nice pictures Tom! I have some relatives in Charlotte Co. did you ever read the story about this dual-engine truck in Wheels of Time? pretty interesting,if I remember correctly,a farmer in the Midwest built it himself because he was tired of getting passed by Largecars!...............................Mark

post-5836-0-63480800-1381679506.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

No brake lights, no wiper blades, no glasses and it's raining. Sounds like the "Mission from God " scene from The Blues Brothers. It's prolly best you skipped the parade, but I'm glad you found some pics.

The trucks in the Parade Against Cancer are some of the best, if not THE best, examples of their respective models.

Jim

No brake lights, no wiper blades, no glasses and it's raining. Sounds like the "Mission from God " scene from The Blues Brothers. It's prolly best you skipped the parade, but I'm glad you found some pics.

The trucks in the Parade Against Cancer are some of the best, if not THE best, examples of their respective models.

That big Diamond-T 921 (I think) used to live in Northeastern PA,i used to see it parked behind a house off the Northeast Extension of the PA Pike,it was in Wheels of Time too....................Mark

I spy a tricked out UPS Package car.

That big Diamond-T 921 (I think) used to live in Northeastern PA,i used to see it parked behind a house off the Northeast Extension of the PA Pike,it was in Wheels of Time too....................Mark

I'm pretty sure that's the one that was on Ebay about a year ago. I also think the F model was owned by Harry Mish Mosh Mush the guy that founded Jevic Transportation.

Jim

I'm pretty sure that's the one that was on Ebay about a year ago. I also think the F model was owned by Harry Mish Mosh Mush the guy that founded Jevic Transportation.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.642156492473073.1073741829.159206690768058&type=3

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

The twin engine Diamond T was built and ran by Frank Gripp,of Annawan,IL.It used to have a tag axle on it.. It was given to my late friend Mike Pagel of Muscatine,IA,then traded to Del DeYoung of Frisland,WI where it was restored.. The DT 951 was built by Howard Fuggitt of Scenery Hill,PA.. I'ts on a Peterbilt chassis. Howard was offered a really large amount of money for it at a ATHS show and sold it.It later showed up on Ebay.Last I saw it,it was owned by Jerry Howard from Fairborn,OH

Did Harry M. die? Keystone has several of his old trucks.The F model,yellow G -73,blue H-67,extended,extended hood Pete,etc.

The twin engine Diamond T was built and ran by Frank Gripp,of Annawan,IL.It used to have a tag axle on it.. It was given to my late friend Mike Pagel of Muscatine,IA,then traded to Del DeYoung of Frisland,WI where it was restored.. The DT 951 was built by Howard Fuggitt of Scenery Hill,PA.. I'ts on a Peterbilt chassis. Howard was offered a really large amount of money for it at a ATHS show and sold it.It later showed up on Ebay.Last I saw it,it was owned by Jerry Howard from Fairborn,OH

Thanks Mike! I didn't know much about the truck,but had seen it several times while it was being built,also were several other Diamond T's,Reo's etc.in the same yard..........................Mark

Did Harry M. die? Keystone has several of his old trucks.The F model,yellow G -73,blue H-67,extended,extended hood Pete,etc.

Harry's alive and well as far as know Mike,i do know he retired as president of New Century last year,i know the guy that painted a lot of his hobby trucks over the years..............Mark

Thanks Mike! I didn't know much about the truck,but had seen it several times while it was being built,also were several other Diamond T's,Reo's etc.in the same yard..........................Mark

Howard was a big Diamond fan.That's how I got to know him as he and my friend Mike Pagel both belonged to the Diamond T club. He was a member of our Heartland ATHS chapter for awhile and used to come to the Xmas meeting every year.He had a restored 921 with a flatbed,too,but he sold that. Now he has a Diamond Reo Trend with the factory camper option.

I thought Matt Pfahl painted the Roadway truck didn't he? maybe not, I know he did the dark blue H67. Harry also had a spotless green B61. that Diamond T with the nose stickin out might get you in trouble coming to an intersection if you forget its out there and think your driving a regular Cabover.....

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

The Diamond T rack body truck had been at Guerrera's Golden Age of Trucking museum before it disbanded. The Diamond T had been purchased by Guerrera from someone in the midwest back in the late 1990's.

Harry M (Jevic/New Cent.) sold his green single axle B model and a curtain side hobby truck hauling trailer to George Tackaberry in Canada.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

lol thanks for sharing some interesting stuff,,,i thought that ribbon winner was your ride,,at a quick glance,,,not too hard to look at...bob

No, I drive a "plain jane" T600. It is red though. They only have 2 T800's, one red, one blue. They're both owned by Patsy Moore, Mrs. F.L.Moore, the boss of the company. They're a little fancier, with extra lights, chrome, etc, and have 13 speeds with 3.55 rears. The T600's have 10 speeds with 3.36 rears.

The Diamond T rack body truck had been at Guerrera's Golden Age of Trucking museum before it disbanded. The Diamond T had been purchased by Guerrera from someone in the midwest back in the late 1990's.

Harry M (Jevic/New Cent.) sold his green single axle B model and a curtain side hobby truck hauling trailer to George Tackaberry in Canada.

I don't know how the Keystone Tractor Museum ends up with all these great trucks, they also have Dr. Bill's W-71 and the GMC tanker that was in the "Trucks With 2 Sticks" video, and in the ATHS videos from Long Road Productions. The salesman that comes by the shop from time to time is one of the brothers that owns Abilene Trucking and the museum and he said there's at least one of every kind of tractor ever made, and I can believe that.

The museum is a great place to visit, only costs $8 for adults. I heard the guy that drove the green highbinder to Winchester tell some other folks that were standing around that the museum admission price doesn't even pay the light bill.

It's well worth stopping to see, they have truck parking too.

No, I drive a "plain jane" T600. It is red though. They only have 2 T800's, one red, one blue. They're both owned by Patsy Moore, Mrs. F.L.Moore, the boss of the company. They're a little fancier, with extra lights, chrome, etc, and have 13 speeds with 3.55 rears. The T600's have 10 speeds with 3.36 rears.

well i guess we cant have it all,,,least were not stuck in volva,s hahahahahahahahaha...bob

Museums are a labor of love. I have the VA tractor museum on my list of stops (someday?) because the photos of tractors and trucks is pretty mind blowing. The owners have made some excellent selections to spend their money.

Guerrera was putting together a superb collection before his passing. No doubt in my mind it would have been always kept up but would have required continued cash infusion from him. That was his passion so it was going to happen.

I can barely keep my stuff together and you can count it on one hand. Can't imagine the money and hours keeping 20,30 40, 50 etc of trucks, tractor, machines up and running and looking good for display or shows.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Harry's alive and well as far as know Mike,i do know he retired as president of New Century last year,i know the guy that painted a lot of his hobby trucks over the years..............Mark

Harry is alive and well, I communicated with him earlier this year through emails. He was at the ATHS show in Yakima last year. My father was one of the original "Dirty Dozen"- the 12 Owner Operators who were with Harry (Muschlegel) when he started JEVIC back in the early 1980's. My father retired from there after 28 years with Harry in 2004. I myself worked in the Willingboro Fleet Maintenance shop for a few years- mostly doing trailer sheet metal repairs. That F Model was indeed his, and is painted up in the original JEVIC two-tone blue. The only F-Model JEVIC ever ran was the one he coincidentally bought from my father- a 1978 Allentown tandem screw with a 300+ and a 10 speed.

I did a lot of work on some of his hobby trucks- I worked Mon-Fri day work until 3:30pm, and then usually stayed for 2-3 hours on "The Harry Clock." I stripped, sandblasted and primed the entire frame of one of his H models.......And a lot of misc work on some of the others including the black-over-red poospreader that Gene Tackaberry now owns. Harry might try to make Macungie 2014.

Mark- are you speaking of Maurice- who worked at JEVIC and then went to New Century (also known as "Jevic Part II: The Sequel.") I remember when Harry was in love with PPG Durethane paint, which apparently was a pain in the ass to blow.....So the PPG salesman offered to bring Maurice to their training shop for a 2-day class, so Maurice got a 2-day trip to Pittsburgh just to learn how to blow Durethane.

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS