I wonder if this is still around?

Mark, Do you remember when Public Service ran the bus lines in Jersey back before NJ Transet took over? Well they had a big old tandem L series Mack! I do not know what happened to her but the truck was like new and only had a couple a thousand mi on it! It lasted forever and was replaced by one of those ugly A-Cars with the White motors Hood! and of course now that the tax payers of NJ pay, they get a new wrecker every 2 years!!

Ernie DS

• Like 1

Mark, Do you remember when Public Service ran the bus lines in Jersey back before NJ Transet took over? Well they had a big old tandem L series Mack! I do not know what happened to her but the truck was like new and only had a couple a thousand mi on it! It lasted forever and was replaced by one of those ugly A-Cars with the White motors Hood! and of course now that the tax payers of NJ pay, they get a new wrecker every 2 years!!

Ernie DS

I sure do Ernie! I had an Uncle (gone now) that drove for Public Service,he left there and went to work for Decamp Bus Lines in Patterson I think? I seen a picture of that wrecker one time,i'm pretty sure it went to one of the towing outfits in South Jersey.Two outfits around Bordentown had some heavy duty iron at one time Lynch's and i Cant remember the other one (right next to the Petro at exit 7) yellow trucks,they both had one of those ex-military Sterlings...........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I sure do Ernie! I had an Uncle (gone now) that drove for Public Service,he left there and went to work for Decamp Bus Lines in Patterson I think? I seen a picture of that wrecker one time,i'm pretty sure it went to one of the towing outfits in South Jersey.Two outfits around Bordentown had some heavy duty iron at one time Lynch's and i Cant remember the other one (right next to the Petro at exit 7) yellow trucks,they both had one of those ex-military Sterlings...........................................Mark

Mark, the two towing outfits in Bordentown are a stone's throw from each other and very close to my house.

Lynch-Gray (Yellow, RT206) and Haines (Orange, RT130). I do believe that Haines still has their huge Sterling.

I have to get over there and get permission to snap some pics one day.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Mark, the two towing outfits in Bordentown are a stone's throw from each other and very close to my house.

Lynch-Gray (Yellow, RT206) and Haines (Orange, RT130). I do believe that Haines still has their huge Sterling.

I have to get over there and get permission to snap some pics one day.

Thanks Chuck! couldn't remember which was which! I last saw the yellow Sterling several years ago in a lot off the southbound side of 295,a yard with a bunch of out-dated car carriers. There also used to be another one of those big Sterlings in Trenton,can't remember the name of the towing company but their trucks were green?.......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Hey Mark, thanks for the link but I left their website with bitter feelings.

I should have suspected that Lynch-Gray was in the scrapping/exporting business because of the steady flow of trucks arriving at the yard. Alot of local iron there getting cut up and shipped overseas.

They were in the tow business a few years back but you can see what it evolved into.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

I grew up in that area and remember those wreckers. There was also a towing company a few miles south on Rte 33 that was called Thruway Garage. Don't know if they were connected or not..

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...