Oooo Oooo that smell!

leversole

Try south eastern Minnesota on I-90 Austin, mid summer, hot day smell wafting from the Armour / SPAM packing plant...........Gag a maggot kind of wretch. Honestly it was WORSE in the winter cause the smell was year round & in January with the heat on....well you get the idea.

Do NOT miss that at all

• Like 1

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

You guys should venture through "Mushroom Country" (Avondale/Kennett Square PA) I don't think I've ever smelled anything worse than the "secret formula" mix of manure they use for mushroom compost! it will un-plug your sinuses for sure!..................(and this coming from someone born and raised in Jersey,the home of bad smells! LOL!)........................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

You guys should venture through "Mushroom Country" (Avondale/Kennett Square PA) I don't think I've ever smelled anything worse than the "secret formula" mix of manure they use for mushroom compost! it will un-plug your sinuses for sure!..................(and this coming from someone born and raised in Jersey,the home of bad smells! LOL!)........................................Mark

Yup, one of the worst smelling clouds of stench to drive thru. Just about puke in your hat.

For a different kind of year round stink, back in 1982 I lived in New Zealand & although the country is beautiful, the city of Rotorua was built around the sulfur flats. From about 5 mile out the horrible scent of rotten eggs begins to permeate the cab. By the time you make it into the city all you can smell is massive amounts of sulfur gas. As i found several times, the worst was after you leave & get some place better, THEN you find that your clothes, hair, self, truck, everything has absorbed the smell...........

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

Liquid $hit can get intense but to a farmer it is the smell of money. Most farmers in my area spread it in the spring before planting and in the fall after the crops are harvested. The BTO farmers use big honey wagons pulled by either a farm tractor or semi-tractor with big wide lugged tires that you can hear a mile away. When I rented the farm one of the stipulations is NO LIQUID $hit.

There is a paper mill in Roaring Spring (less than 2 miles from the farm). Years ago before air quality regulations, it smelled like $hit and there was a yellow scum on the side of the houses. Now there is not much odor.

Nothing smells better than freshly mowed alfalfa or clover.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Liquid $hit can get intense but to a farmer it is the smell of money. Most farmers in my area spread it in the spring before planting and in the fall after the crops are harvested. The BTO farmers use big honey wagons pulled by either a farm tractor or semi-tractor with big wide lugged tires that you can hear a mile away. When I rented the farm one of the stipulations is NO LIQUID $hit.

There is a paper mill in Roaring Spring (less than 2 miles from the farm). Years ago before air quality regulations, it smelled like $hit and there was a yellow scum on the side of the houses. Now there is not much odor.

Nothing smells better than freshly mowed alfalfa or clover.

I guess that's why you used to smell the paper mill in Covington driving along on 64, and the mill was at the far end of town, but you can't smell it any more.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.