Dodge LCF's...

Bigdogtrucker

Got a local dirt guy that has a little swing fender Dodge single axle dump that runs around occasionally. Bright yellow, pretty decent, well kept truck. Don't know any specs on it. Need to snap a pic sometime.

Kinda funny how it has that TALL hood and the motor is dropped 1/2 way through the frame rails?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I've always liked those too. Been trying to buy the local Dodge dealers old wrecker for quite awhile,but haven't convinced them to part with it yet,it has a 413 V8, & air brakes.

This one here was for sale about 70 miles from me,stopped and looked it over,pretty straight,couldn't ever get ahold of the owner. It had a 549 IH V8 which I was told was factory installed.

post-61-0-53383800-1379986974_thumb.jpg

post-61-0-47461500-1379987020_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've always liked those too. Been trying to buy the local Dodge dealers old wrecker for quite awhile,but haven't convinced them to part with it yet,it has a 413 V8, & air brakes.

This one here was for sale about 70 miles from me,stopped and looked it over,pretty straight,couldn't ever get ahold of the owner. It had a 549 IH V8 which I was told was factory installed.

attachicon.gif101_0555.JPG

attachicon.gif101_0558.JPG

I've seen a few with those.Wonder what kind of MPG's?

:SMOKIE-RT: I missed the boat on a tandem tractor with a 903 Cummins in it it was good and solid sold for $3000. I was holding out trying to get it cheaper. I know where there's a single axle with a wrecker on it 413 gas, and I have a guy working on getting a tandem with a wrecker on it kinda right from the source, he told me the other day that we're getting really warm, I don't really need it but I don't want to see it go to scrap or go some where it will end up sitting in the weeds rotting down either so if we can get our hands on it we're going to, be a cool conversation piece at shows.

Nice find. I was thinking it was older because of the quad headlights. The first time I had the pleasure of riding in a truck with a 238 was a '69 Dodge 900, similar to this but with dual headlights. On a quiet night, I can still hear the sound of that screaming Detroit as it bounces around the ionosphere.

• Like 1

Jim