Mack LT for Sale

I am in the steel business, and am always amused by the amount of money people say they can get for scrap. In my neck of the woods, it would have to weigh approximately 35,000 pounds and be cut up to bring $2,500.00. Why would you buy something at an estate sale, and then scrap it? I think I smell something!

years ago I sold an old LF mack. was cobbed but had a solid frame and cab. this was way before they got popular and woth 1500 for junk. I wont tell you guys what I sold it for, make ya cry. anyways this guy pulls up with an R model roll off with a roll off container that he took the torch and cut the sides off. loaded the LF on the flatbed and hoisted the whole thing up on the roll back. measured and it was EXACTLY 13'6''. tied it down and took off down the thruway and onto the Mass pike. dunno how he made out or if the LF was a convertible by the time he got home or not. first time I had ever seen a homemade rollback like that before.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg