need help with wheels..........

I just started looking for tires today as I gotta get moving on the 815. It has 1100R24 tires on it. I need to either get the steers capped with waste hauler lugs to replace two bad or mismatched tires in the back. Then I plan to get two new steers. The 1100r24's are a bit scarce so far and I'm wondering if I can find 1100r24.5's instead. Do the same wheels (spoke type hubs) fit 24's and 24.5's knowing that I can't interchange the rubber and need to use proper sets of wheel and tire?

I'm on a budget and would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks

Those wheels look excellent!!! Nice work Vlad. Really nice work.

• Like 1

I had no luck taking the tyres off the rims and brang them to a shop.

Guys took them off with some labour but were going to brake the lock wheel because they didn't know there were rivets to keep the ring and the lock ring together.

After sand blasting and painting I assembled 10 wheels to the moment with no troubles.

Started to inflate them slowly being shure the lock ring seated well. Inflated up to the pressure securing the assembly with a couple of ropes.

attachicon.gifDSC01049.JPG

attachicon.gifRiga-Holland-2011 003.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC00215.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC00216.JPG

attachicon.gifVnukovo.04.2013.00406.JPG

wow nice work,,,cool color...bob

• Like 1

soak rim,and tire with soap and water works better also when inflating,,i would just let the tire shop do them personally remounting split rim type tires especially old ones is a ballbuster,,sometimes you cant even break the beads,,they have to use a air operated bead breaker,,,its not that much more to mount them,,,just a fare warning,,,they can be a real bitch....bob

Yep, always use some type of lube. I have been told that the tire shops in my area will not do locking ring wheels any longer. I break mine down by pressing on the tire with the pallet forks on my loader.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I had to fit 12.00R24's tubes instead of 11.00-24's because couldn't find correct ones.

The bigger tyres set well, you can see it.

And the color is just the US army one of WW2 time.

I spent a bunch of time and labour to identify and mix it by the word.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012