Chasis Number LF2D3575 .. I will look closer tomorrow, the cyl head is missing, I want to sell as i have too many projects now.

Thanks klb

I think you are missing a letter after the F. Mine is LFT1D10184. Since yours is 3575 it is much older than mine. Somewhere in the forties. Does is have a 707 gas in it? Mike

I doubt he is missing any letters after the "F" in the VIN.

LF2D3575

L = Cab

F = Hood length

2D = tandem drive

Would have been shipped as a straight truck, with frame rails extended past the rear rear drive axle.

Your LFT1D

LF = cab & hood

T = TRACTOR

1D = single drive axle

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

I am not aware of the "F" standing for hood length as it applies to an LF model.

My understanding is the second letter is for the chassis weight.

An LJ is rated for more GVW than an LF. A LM is rated for more GVW than either LF or LJ.

This type of lettering system was used by Mack in the E series of trucks as well as others models.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I am not aware of the "F" standing for hood length as it applies to an LF model.

My understanding is the second letter is for the chassis weight.

An LJ is rated for more GVW than an LF. A LM is rated for more GVW than either LF or LJ.

This type of lettering system was used by Mack in the E series of trucks as well as others models.

Jim

Yep, your right, i am having an off day.......... :blush:

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

I don't know the particular truck in question and it has been a long time since I drove an LF in the mid-1950s, but I do recall that one had a Lanova and a 5+2 with a very low low range. It was registered in NY at 54,000 pounds and we normally weighed out at 73,000. It was supposed to have been a '50 or '52 that was rebuilt after an accident. It must have been the big Lanova because it would pull hills with the "new" B-63s in that yard with similar loads. It had a double frame and 11x22 rubber.

Found sn? in glove box frame .. 37QR531P3 .. single drive axle, one trans, gas engine w/w valves in head which is missing all the rest is there hoping someone wants this project as I saved it from the crusher .. helping a buddy clean up his wrecking yard he has closed to the public.

Thanks for the input i've been looking around for the head there's so must to go thru it may be there somewhere .

post-15422-0-18745300-1373730521_thumb.j

post-15422-0-24776900-1373730543_thumb.j

Another prize i saved 1948 White mod 3018 sn-400325 its all there complete aside from seat cushions an windshield .. engine turns over i bet after couple hours i could have this running.

I double it, 37QR531P3 is a Mack part number for shure.

It's a bit strange to me but NR model wich was built too close to LFSW had the chassis number on a left frame rail in front, just above the front spring.

Still haven't seen or heard about any L-models with the same location.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

post-15422-0-26610500-1374031059_thumb.jpost-15422-0-24683300-1374031096_thumb.jpost-15422-0-07143100-1374031066_thumb.jpost-15422-0-21960700-1374031072_thumb.jpost-15422-0-22449400-1374031079_thumb.jpost-15422-0-64479000-1374031088_thumb.jHi Guys .. Fuel tank tag says 9 51 .. I'm a busy guy will look better for sn tomorrow and take tarp off engine n measure bore, i studied the SINGLE drive axle looks original with a hefty damn park brake behind carrier brg .. funny that the fuel tank looks to only hold thirty gal with such a big sucking gas pot ..

not too long ago i ran an old Rio w/w a 1693 best engine cat ever built it would not quit i could see the road thru the cracks in the wood floorboard especially over 70 loaded over 109k thats when it really performed n put out less than that was a cake walk .. looking at this i'm thinking it'd be more like hauling cows up to spring pasture at a 20% grade LOW HOLE all the way don't even think of grabbing a gear as the next corner becomes the HILL again ..

klb