There aren't very many out there and the few I've seen have already been restored and are VERY expensive. I saw an unrestored one several years ago in Gold Bar, WA, but didn't check on it and haven't seen another one since. Good luck with your seach.

being the Mack Jr. was built by REO,wouldn't it be a more fitting tribute to find and restore a real Mack?

True, but I would also like to restore a pickup, so putting the two thoughts together

So putting the two thoughts together, try to find an "ED"

The Mack Co. made a pick-up body for it and as Mike said it is a true Mack which in my opinion I'd much rather have anyway.

They're not easy to find either but a lot easier than a Junior.

i've seen them from time to time while searching on the computer, they're usually pretty rough but anything's possible!

Ron

post-8482-0-07302600-1369567130_thumb.jp

post-8482-0-92070500-1369567558.jpeg

post-8482-0-07825200-1369567560_thumb.jp

post-8482-0-16245300-1369567563_thumb.jp

post-8482-0-97033900-1369567563.jpg

post-8482-0-37525100-1369567860_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Ernie,this pickup is whats usually considered a Mack Junior,but they were built by REO,i only ever saw one in person,up in Gap,PA and it had a big NOT FOR SALE sign in the window!.....................................Mark

post-5836-0-41249600-1369583108_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Ernie,this pickup is whats usually considered a Mack Junior,but they were built by REO,i only ever saw one in person,up in Gap,PA and it had a big NOT FOR SALE sign in the window!.....................................Mark

Happy M- day Mark, My friend Johnny Fresco had one and I even had the chance to drive it around Newark one Sat afternoon back in the 80's when John was still alive! I think Gary Mahan owns it now

Ernie

Here's a picture of a barn fresh survivor belongong to the Levi Yerger family I took a few years back. We staged some pictures of it for a public auction brochure. The truck ended up in the Dick Best collection.

I still have not heard what will happen to the trucks in that collection from Dick's estate.

post-2383-0-93603000-1369595173_thumb.jp

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

Dick Best had at least 3 Mack Jr's; the one pictures above, the civil defense truck and the cream and brown truck with the bulldogs on the doors. RG Smith had a Mack Jr horse van that is long gone. I can't believe Ron didn't mention it yet. He is definitely a bit bias about the little blue ED, but it is a nice truck. An ED or DE would be good choices for small, real Macks. Mike

We had one Vinny

I mentioned it on here before at some point.

It was unit #245 chassis #U611T1170-------ENDT673 with a fifteen speed triplex.

It was painted gold and black.

I have pictures somewhere and if I ever find them I will be sure to post them.

Ron

• Like 1

We had one Vinny

I mentioned it on here before at some point.

It was unit #245 chassis #U611T1170-------ENDT673 with a fifteen speed triplex.

It was painted gold and black.

I have pictures somewhere and if I ever find them I will be sure to post them.

Ron

Oh yep I think I remember now. Haha. Hope you find them pictures. Thanks Ron,,,Vinny

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg