Camelback life span

I drive an05 granite tandem dump told my boss it needed rebuffed on the center rod well it turned out all the bushings and rubber blocks were wore out 2springs were wearing into each other and had hair line crack it's 8years old never had any rear spring work done and it's off road 80 percent of the time I think that's pretty good what do you guys think?

Yea when they told me all they had to do I was thinking 6-7000.00 boss freaked out at first but then calmed down whenhe got my bill then he got the bill for a set of rubber tracks for a tl150 skid 5800.00

Need to replace the trunion shaft in the rear suspension in 1988 R688 ST, Has anyone removed or replaced the trunion ?

did that last week on my 1990 RB688S , big job but from what I know (and been told) Camel Back is forever .

shaft bushing cap u bolt bearing all the work , I want ot keep the beast running so my guess is that it's worth it .

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there is a big weight difference between 34k 38k and 44k springs? I had mine replaced last year and i was told not to go from 44k to 34k and i dont know why. I kinda still want to swap them out for a lighter one but don't know if its a waste of time and money at this point. All i can see is that i would have had to get different u bolts.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

I found this too which should help some of us. It doesnt state the real weight difference though in each one.

38K Rear 44K Rear 58K Rear Total Leaf Thickness approx 6" approx 7.5" approx 10" Axle Flange Diameter approx 7.5" approx 8.75" approx 10" Axle Flange Shape flat cone cone # of Bolts on Flange 8 6 8

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

44k camel backs are great when you replace the isolators go with the urethane and you'll double the life if your offroad a lot.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Worst part of the job ubolts on springs need a torque of 1700lbs each. torque multiplier helps 20' bar works too.

You're not kidding. I've made up brackets to hold them on the forks of a fork lift. They are way easier to torque "upside down" then to torque under the truck even with a 4:1 multiplier.

44k camel backs are great when you replace the isolators go with the urethane and you'll double the life if your offroad a lot.

First time I replaced the rubbers on mine the spring shop used the rubber pads and they lasted 3 months so I take it back and ask him why he used rubber and his reply was its cheaper. They was torn up and I don't gross over any. So I took it home and my son replaced them with the uretain. They are 3 years or more and no problem.The rubber pads was made in china but he charged me mack prices.I found the uritrain on ebay for maybe 35.00 each.

glenn akers