Can't help myself

Mike

I have a louvered hood that Frank saved from a 48. A 48 and 49 were on what I would guess as an LF frame. Anyways I have always wanted the louvered hood on my LTL so if I can ever get the energy to fix it up I will have it on my LTL>

I knew Roy and he was a helluva good man.

• Like 1

Nice LTL,Dan! It sure went to a good home.I've always seen the ads for Frank's yard in the "My Little Salesman" books.I think they found some rare parts for that CF Freightliner rebuild,at his yard.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I ended up with several crates of LT parts too. and the truck in the picture comes with the fenders and a decent hood. They gave it a push and it started right up to drive on to the trailer. The days of guys like Frank saving the good parts from classics is about over. Frank's son has moved on to the 90's and beyond in trucks and parts. Even at that there are less and less guys out there working on their own stuff so it is turning into more a scrap yard.

Glad you scored a boat load of parts too,Dan! Yea,too bad about the "old stuff" not in the sons plans.All the brackets,mounts,housings,sheet metal,etc. that just goes for scrap now, is not good.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA