WTF is this world coming to?

RowdyRebel

Well I've noticed certain items are getting smaller at the grocery store....for example a 1/2 gallon carton of OJ is now only 59 ounces instead of 64, etc....but I NEVER thought I'd see the day when THIS would happen... :pat:

post-1673-0-73756800-1366258208_thumb.jp

I sure hope this doesn't catch on...I mean what kind of world are we living in when a 12 ounce bottle of beer doesn't even have 12 full ounces of beer in it? :angry:

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Rowdy is really stepping up in the world-Guiness-WOW

I will have to look at the other stuff around here

Nah...didn't buy it. Took the pic at Walmart (and I was sadly disappointed with their selection). I ended up with 3 different 6-packs...Coors Batch 19, Third Shift Amber Lager, and Henry Weinhard's Northwest-Style Lager.

Couldn't find Shiner & the only Sam Adams they had was the summer variety pack with a bunch of fruity varieties....

....but yeah, I stepped up to better beer when Budweiser was bought out by the foreigners...try to buy my beer from American-owned breweries. I know Coors is owned by the same group as Miller (also foreign owned) but I was intrigued by the Batch 19. Supposed to be a pre-prohibition era Coors recipe, and I've always liked older stuff...figured I'd give it a try.

...at least they are all in 12 oz bottles.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Nah...didn't buy it. Took the pic at Walmart (and I was sadly disappointed with their selection). I ended up with 3 different 6-packs...Coors Batch 19, Third Shift Amber Lager, and Henry Weinhard's Northwest-Style Lager.

Couldn't find Shiner & the only Sam Adams they had was the summer variety pack with a bunch of fruity varieties....

....but yeah, I stepped up to better beer when Budweiser was bought out by the foreigners...try to buy my beer from American-owned breweries. I know Coors is owned by the same group as Miller (also foreign owned) but I was intrigued by the Batch 19. Supposed to be a pre-prohibition era Coors recipe, and I've always liked older stuff...figured I'd give it a try.

...at least they are all in 12 oz bottles.

I used to like to drink Rolling Rock but then it was bought out by Budweiser and is no longer brewed in Latrobe Pennsylvania it's now brewed in Newark New Jersey and I don't even know if they make it anymore but it never did taste the same

Pick up a jar of peanut butter. The bottom is sucked in 1/2 way up the jar, reducing the internal volume by TONS! Looks the same on the outside, but no where near the same volume. But, costs the same(or more). Ice cream is the same, no where near 1/2 gal cartons.

Just noticed last week at the store, as I was getting my package of Double Stuff Oreos. I've noticed the size of the package dwindling over the last year(cookie count is way down per package). Now, they brought out the "family size", which is what you USED to buy to begin with. Of course the cost is about 40% more then the smaller package they have now. Like everything, you get less for more.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Can't really say> Never really had them much as a kid. Only last few years have I kinda got a hanker'n for them. Grab about 6 and a tall glass of very cold milk and I'm a very happy guy!! I could eat the whole package at once, but I just put the package away before I start LOL!! I do think there is a slight difference in cookie make up? They do seem a bit crunchier/drier then before.

I know the quality has dropped considerably. More broken cookies, more smashed cookies, etc. I"ve just watched the package get smaller and smaller over the last year. They are constantly on sale at local grocery store.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

David, I think it is the glyserin inside the cookie. The milk just rolls right off them onto your laptop while lying down to eat. I had to go back to animal crackers cause they have not $#%&*@ with them yet. Government is afraid all of them mothers would not vote for them in the next election, so they've left them be.

Rowdy, I guess you'll do like me and make your own when you get enough of being ripped off. Suds is not that difficult to make.

mike

David, I think it is the glyserin inside the cookie. The milk just rolls right off them onto your laptop while lying down to eat. I had to go back to animal crackers cause they have not $#%&*@ with them yet. Government is afraid all of them mothers would not vote for them in the next election, so they've left them be.

Rowdy, I guess you'll do like me and make your own when you get enough of being ripped off. Suds is not that difficult to make.

mike

I make a small batch of wine every year, much like hot sauce it's the best ever and doesn't last long, but i've never tried home brewing beer.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I make a small batch of wine every year, much like hot sauce it's the best ever and doesn't last long, but i've never tried home brewing beer.

Ok guys......you heard it from the man. I'm signing up for some of OD's Wine. I want to be 1st on the list. I can hardly wait for the first production batch of 2013.

mike

Ok guys......you heard it from the man. I'm signing up for some of OD's Wine. I want to be 1st on the list. I can hardly wait for the first production batch of 2013.

mike

good luck with that- you're welcome to it if you can beat Jo to it- not easy!

mike

I screw up oatmeal probably 9 times out of 10 when I try to make it....so I doubt I'll be trying my hand at brewing my own any time soon. Besides, I don't drink near as much as I used to...back in college these 3 six packs might have been enough for a night....maybe....but anymore, these'll prolly have me set for a year or two. Heck, I've still got a Sam Adams "Bonfire Rauchbier" (came in a variety pack w/ octoberfest and other "fall" beers) with a "best if used by" date of January 2 years ago, but since that was my last one I figured it was time to buy some more.

This has spilled over to bread. I was fetched up on Stroehmann bread it used to have 16 servings. Two slices per serving. Now it has 12 servings and the bag is the same size as it used to be. I rite them a letter and axed why the decrease in size. All I got was 2 cupons for $1.00 off a loaf of bread. When they quit making honey buns that was a sad day in history. The breakfest of champions was a Stroehmann honey bun and a DR Pepper.

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.

I have always liked my Yuengling. Usta have to haul it south from my daughters, now I can buy it in SC..

Gotta agree with that! my alltime favorite beer is Yuengling Lager,i sure am glad i can get it down here!...................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

mike

Animal Crackers? i had a recent bad expeience with them,had to take the whole box back to Wal-Mart, "whats wrong with them:"? asked the return lady, "well,says i,i checked them out,Giraffe-OK, Monkey-OK,Elephant-OK,but when i got to the seal,he was broken,and it clearly states on the bottom of the box,"DO NOT USE IF SEAL IS BROKEN".............................................

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

good luck with that- you're welcome to it if you can beat Jo to it- not easy!

I heard that Tom. I know very well how the ladies like wine. They like their brew better than going shopping. I stand to be corrected. I'd get on the Muscadine list when it comes available.

mike

I heard that Tom. I know very well how the ladies like wine. They like their brew better than going shopping. I stand to be corrected. I'd get on the Muscadine list when it comes available.

mike

I think that's what kind of grapes I use. They grow wild all around the edge of the yard, up in the trees. They're not much good to eat because they're mostly seed, but they have the best taste of any grape i've ever tasted, very sweet. I've tried to get them to grow in a couple of spots on some trellises I made, but they haven't really done much. The most and best are way up in an oak tree where they're hardest to get to. I borrowed a ladder from work last year and picked all I could reach, and even spread a tarp on the ground and shook as many off as I could. Still only ended up with less than a gallon of wine.

Animal Crackers? i had a recent bad expeience with them,had to take the whole box back to Wal-Mart, "whats wrong with them:"? asked the return lady, "well,says i,i checked them out,Giraffe-OK, Monkey-OK,Elephant-OK,but when i got to the seal,he was broken,and it clearly states on the bottom of the box,"DO NOT USE IF SEAL IS BROKEN".............................................

Mark that was good. LOL I had to show this to the g/f.......she almost fell out of her chair.

mike

Looks like my grapes all right- haven't seen any coon poop. I would have tasted it if I found any before, but now I won't because it must taste pretty bad.

I like that show, Jo hates it for some reason. Been watching Rawhide today, comes on right after The Rifleman. Haven't seen that for years, used to watch it when I was a kid.