Vintage pics

41chevy

Was that a Rolls Wrecker pulling a bus?!! That thing is awesome, I'd trade my B61 for that in a second!

Tim

It's about a 1930 or 31 V12 Lincoln. Some where I have photos of my Grand fathers mid 30's Packard Wrecker. They were cheap after the Depression and had the power and chassis to be tow rigs.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

40 lbs. of pictures,Paul? You could keep us entertained for years!! Thanks for sharing these pictures from a much simpler (& better) time!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Is that OD putting something into the wheelbarrow?

mike

yes, that's me all right. right after we poured that half a yard of concrete we called Schlitz and told them to bring us a truckload of beer too- that's me taking the first case from the beer truck driver.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Great pictures.

The egg shaped wheels the way they are timed front to back and side to side it will roll smooth. I believe it is military prototype amphibious vehicle and the egg shaped wheels propel it in water.

The B model mixer San-Vel, Littleton MA

Towing the bus a 1928 Cadillac.

FW

• Like 1

Great pictures.

The egg shaped wheels the way they are timed front to back and side to side it will roll smooth. I believe it is military prototype amphibious vehicle and the egg shaped wheels propel it in water.

The B model mixer San-Vel, Littleton MA

Towing the bus a 1928 Cadillac.

FW

Dang! didn't see the different bumper instead of the Lincolin "Kiss" bumper. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Long island and NYC

sayvilleLI1949_zps2524f1e4.jpg
NYS1939_zpsb20e5c8f.jpg
nyPulaskiSkyway1949_zps16fb3100.jpg
LIC1957_zpsf7542094.jpg
HollandTunnel70s003sized_zpsb8d1421e.jpg

His son lived about 3/4 mile from me on the other side of the Preserve. Killed in Tower 1 WTC on 9/11. Very interesting finding this photo!

carplukscentralislip_zps8e95e11c.jpg

P.T.CHESHIRE

That first pic of the model A on the scale brought a tear to my eye, I'm sure the crusher paid them something like three dollars or so for that thing. Dang.

The lumber truck pic reminded me of the time that I got a scrap box truck for $200. I winched it up on the bed of my rollback with no problem, however, when I tried to set the bed down onto the truck , it seemed that the hydraulics weren't working well and the bed didn't tilt. I looked forward to see if there was a leak or some other malfeasance, and saw the front wheels three feet off of the ground! I had to cut the box off of it to haul it.

I love old pics, there is an old guy at Carlisle that sells pics like that for five to ten bucks 8 X 10.

Tim

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Guys-How do you get an old b & w photo into digital mode with such clarity?

I scan them in to a photo program for my Fuji Camera, re-size them to 600 x 800 dpi, auto adjust the brightness and click the LOW Enhancement option.That last one makes them clear and sharp. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

I scan them in to a photo program for my Fuji Camera, re-size them to 600 x 800 dpi, auto adjust the brightness and click the LOW Enhancement option.That last one makes them clear and sharp. Paul

Nice work! Keep posting those pics. Very interesting.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I wonder if that State of NY dump truck is a Brockway??? Looks like their EPA got started before it was "politically correct"

Thanks for sharing the pictures, please keep them comming.

I believe the truck was a GMC. This was for a WWII scrap drive promotion it says on the back of the photo.

Farmer52 there was a Daytona at Syosset Chrysler / Plymouth for 3 or 4 years before they sold it for around $2500. When they were new they couldn't give them away. They were to heavy to drag race we thought...Stupid us! But than I ran a 1957 Pontiac Safari Wagon in the demolition derby because we saw it as just an old station wagon and it wasn't cool like the Nomad. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

I believe the truck was a GMC. This was for a WWII scrap drive promotion it says on the back of the photo.

Farmer52 there was a Daytona at Syosset Chrysler / Plymouth for 3 or 4 years before they sold it for around $2500. When they were new they couldn't give them away. They were to heavy to drag race we thought...Stupid us! But than I ran a 1957 Pontiac Safari Wagon in the demolition derby because we saw it as just an old station wagon and it wasn't cool like the Nomad. Paul

I was good friends with a Plymouth dealer when I lived in Illinois. The Sales Manager told me a similar story about the Superbird. He had them lined up in a circle around the dealership....almost couldn't give them away. Roll back the clock and I would take the money I spent on a college education and buy as many as I could.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"