GMC General at abandoned house

JTFormula

I don't think it would make any difference which side you connect to pos if there are no indicators. This valve may be used on other applications where it may be isolated from any ground. I worked as an electrician offshore for years and have run into this before.

Doug

Doug, thanks for the input. I was hoping to do it today before I had to go on a run but business comes first. By the time I got back from Kearny picking up a 1970 442 Convertible, it was raining like hell. I made a ground wire while I was in the shop already so I'll take 5 minutes tomorrow and remount this thing and cross our fingers, I should be good.

As for the oil spot, I hope the landlord didn't see it yet.

1990_The_Exxon_Valdez_freshawl.com_e.jpe

• Like 2

Doug, thanks for the input. I was hoping to do it today before I had to go on a run but business comes first. By the time I got back from Kearny picking up a 1970 442 Convertible, it was raining like hell. I made a ground wire while I was in the shop already so I'll take 5 minutes tomorrow and remount this thing and cross our fingers, I should be good.

As for the oil spot, I hope the landlord didn't see it yet.

1990_The_Exxon_Valdez_freshawl.com_e.jpe

Hahah. Like my 1983 Honda ATC 185s. She leaks oil like a De-troit!!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I started a thread in the engine area. I took pictures of the Kysor set up and posted it. I am still not having any luck after grounding out the other side.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/31627-8v92-kysor-shut-down-issues/

I haven't touched the Gen all week. Since Macungie I haven't had a day off between working every day to fill in for the other guy whos in FL, then Sunday I did some side work running out to Morgantown PA to transport a 1968 Corvette for a guy. Monday I replaced the clutch in my Alfa Romeo then back to work again. This weekend I am going for my WreckMaster towing certification so that's Saturday and Sunday from 7am to around 6pm both days. I need a day off.

The friggen heat has been kicking my ass too. I don't want to move. My shop has no AC so just sitting in a pool of sweat as my desk at 92 degrees right now with no breeze and one shit ass fan isn't fun.

But with all this complaining I did figure out a plan of attack. I am going to run a jumper wire directly from the battery to the Kysor and see if that makes a difference. If it fires right up, then that's one step closer to the diagnosis. There is no juice coming from the power wire so I will have to check for a bad fuse or if its not getting signal from oil/water sensors. Once I solve that issue, that will put me in a better place.

post-11944-0-76559800-1372282654_thumb.j

post-11944-0-87744200-1372282672_thumb.j

post-11944-0-40596600-1372282670_thumb.j

• Like 1

The vette is sweet!

68 corvette Convertible 427/390hp, auto, power steering and brakes. Nice condition. Looks like it was restored about 10 years ago and enjoyed since then. I sold a 36 ford street rod for the guy and this is what he replaced it with. Nice car for a good price.

Cool truck and trailer. I wish I could buy a trailer like that. :twothumbsup:

Thanks. My truck is a 2003 1500 with 5.7l hemi. It's got 113k on it still going strong. The trailer is a 16' Carmate with a wood deck so I can haul all sorts of stuff. Mostly cars but I have moved a lumber, fencing, motorcycles, pavers, and a bunch of other crap. Heck I even used it to move out of my apartment into storage when I was closing on my house.

I actually averaged 14.9 mpg most of the way back from PA to NJ towing the Vette too!

Todays experiment was a success. I ran a jump lead directly from the battery to the Kysor. I heard a click so I know something was working right. Then she fired right up and ran fine. Now I have to trace the lead to the shut down and see why its not getting power. Let the electric fun begin.

• Like 2

Check your fuses and relays, also check the wire itself all the way in, you can always run a new hot lead fused into the key.

That was one of my thoughts yesterday was to run a direct wire either off the key or a switch. Still would like it to function the way it was intended but if all else fails there's a back up plan. I won't have a chance to mess with it for the next few days since I am getting my certification this weekend but next week I can focus.

• 3 weeks later...

None. Been a bit busy at work and with the heat, I haven't really had the desire to stay late and work on it. I did get new taillights and I was screwing around with a can of gloss black paint on the frame. I need to wire wheel the frame rails though and do it nice.

My desk was 95 degrees the last couple days. Been sweating my ass off so all I wanted to do was go home, shower and relax.

Today I got to do an auction run so I was in the Dually for a couple hours with the AC on. Picked up a 1973 Grandville low rider. I got a picture of some idiot car hauler I am going to post in my "don't let customers book loads" thread.

• 4 weeks later...