1977 International Loadstar 1600

JTFormula

I don't know why but I feel the need to buy this truck.

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/3615129436.html

Be cool to mount a 21' rollback body on it. 345 gas with a 4 speed and 2 speed rear. Seller said $1000.00 takes it. Low miles and low price is a good combo.

• Like 1

Prob going to suck for mileage but still just a cool truck for a toy hauler. I can get a used rollback body for $2500-3500 and install is about $1500-2000 depending on what is needed. Make a badass classic car transporter and do some old truck shows. Then I can find a b61 to pull a 3 car wedge.

I went to a local town auction last year.....they had two loadstars. One was a 1600......the other was a 1850 I think ....both were pretty much junk....if i remember correctly they sold for over a grand each.......sounds like the one your looking is a good deal!

I am going to see if the guy is available this week. I want to take a drive up to buy this thing. I don't think I'll go wrong for a $1000. Cheap way to get into the truck hobby. Then work on getting a Mack soon too.

I talked with the guy on the phone. Sounds like a pretty good truck. Brakes need to be bled before I can drive it back to NJ though. CA is 117". Proper for a 19" rollback is 120" so I might be able to get away with it 3" short. If I wanted to do a 21' rollback bed, which was my original plan, I will have to move the axle back another 27" for a CA of 144".

SD - I'll contact you if I can make this work. Thanks!

JT - you need to buy a Mack...not an IH or GMC. :tease:

I know, I drive my wife crazy with this crap. I have auto/truck ADD. I can't focus on one thing. The odds of buying a running and driving Mack anything with 40k some odd miles for $1,000 will never happen. Plus this is so damn cheap I can still buy a Mack. My other thought I had today was instead of a rollback, mount up a double bunk sleeper and 5th wheel for a three car trailer. Cool ass shop hauler for my dealership.

As for the GMC, the main idea was to save that truck, get it going and on the road again then sell it to fund the Mack buy. Remember I buy and sell vehicles for a living so just because I am on the hunt for something doesn't mean that I have given up the goal of Mack ownership. Heck, this past week I looked at an 87 f350 wrecker, 1979 z28, 1980 MGB, 1972 MGB, and a 1980 El Camino to buy and flip. If I sit on my ass, I don't make any money.

Found a great site with full specs on Loadstars http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/utils/getfile/collection/ihc/id/36235/filename/print/page/download

I think this sucker will fit on my shops two car trailer. Weight is 5,450 and the front wheel track is 77" wide and then 88" wide in the back. The width between the trailer fenders is 89" so the front of the Loadstar will slide right inbetween. Now I just have to figure out a day to get out there.

Found a great site with full specs on Loadstars http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/utils/getfile/collection/ihc/id/36235/filename/print/page/download

I think this sucker will fit on my shops two car trailer. Weight is 5,450 and the front wheel track is 77" wide and then 88" wide in the back. The width between the trailer fenders is 89" so the front of the Loadstar will slide right inbetween. Now I just have to figure out a day to get out there.

So you bought it already??

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

I don't know why but I feel the need to buy this truck.

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/3615129436.html

Be cool to mount a 21' rollback body on it. 345 gas with a 4 speed and 2 speed rear. Seller said $1000.00 takes it. Low miles and low price is a good combo.

I drove a B-180 dump in the early 60's when I was in school. that was series before Loadstars. V-345, 5 spd, 2 spd rear, juice brakes. factory GVW of 24,000 lbs. I would routinely CARRY 12 ton of asphalt or graded base! trans had square gears but I drove it like it was a 10 spd, split shifting and the 345 would FLY! Great motor!

I drove a B-180 dump in the early 60's when I was in school. that was series before Loadstars. V-345, 5 spd, 2 spd rear, juice brakes. factory GVW of 24,000 lbs. I would routinely CARRY 12 ton of asphalt or graded base! trans had square gears but I drove it like it was a 10 spd, split shifting and the 345 would FLY! Great motor!

Red Horse look at my pics in my gallery we used to have a 59 BC-160 dump. Ours was a crash box 5 speed with a funky shift pattern.

Rob

Red Horse look at my pics in my gallery we used to have a 59 BC-160 dump. Ours was a crash box 5 speed with a funky shift pattern.

Rob

Checked out the BC-now that was a rare truck. the B-180 was a 61. I also saw your Ford TLB. we had an 801 that had an Eranco driving front axle. that was a rare site in the 60's, was a 4 speed with a shuttle stick. Had a 14' back hoe on it. Good little machine-for its time.

The BC is a rare truck. It was fun to drive. A welder that was our neighbor has it now and uses it as a farm truck. I have a pic of the all wheel drive Ford somewhere. My father would pull all of the machines with the BC as it was short with the 9 ton tag hooked to it.