Minnie Mack

mack mhe9

KooL!

I like the mini dozer on the trailer. I think it is Struck ??? that is made in the Buffalo, NY area. Used to see them advertised in the back pages of Popular Mechanics magazine.

Yep,Jim.I think you're right on the Struck Kit! That truck was in OVERDRIVE several years ago.It might have been an April (Fools),Tractor of the Month feature.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

When I was a kid back in the 70's we went to the Ohio State Fair and they had a miniature PIE tractor trailer. It was a daycab COE, about the same size as "Fuzzy's". I can still remember how awestruck I was to see that little truck...whoever built it did a fantastic job.

Ok so look at the roof line and the windshield.........that's a modified B model cab, pretty neat.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

There were 2 PIE miniature KWs A Needle noses in the late 40's and at least 3 COE's one of which is in a museum in the Pacific Northwest. Google PIE Miniature trucks and it'll show photos from Hanks site. Heres a few others

post-3242-0-71431100-1363807559_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-35941800-1363807560.jpg

post-3242-0-35941800-1363807560.jpg

post-3242-0-76683500-1363807560.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I remember reading a story in Popular Mechanics I think back in the 80's when I was younger that had a couple miniature Freightliners that were built by Freightliner I think one of those is in a museum up northwest.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I remember seeing pictures of a factory built KW pickup truck,that was given to the engineering CEO when he retired,it was a nice looking job,did'nt look "pieced together" like most i've seen,may have even been in Overdrive?...............i saw "mighty mite" (the P.I.E mini truck) at a show in Portland,OR some years ago,built right from factory specs in their own shop!..............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Makes me sad to say but we don't have very many folks left in the US that could build those scale replicas. We have dumbed down the population so far being a nation of people that buy what they want no one wants to learn how to build anything. I remember when I was in high school they were starting the computer programmer age they actively tried to get kids to go into office work rarely teaching mechanical skills. We as a nation are one of the worst in the world for teaching and graduating mechanical crafts. If you look at the numbers there will soon be a major need for mechanically skilled workers. The railroad industry alone is looking at over 30,000 machinists and other skilled trades retiring in the next 5 years.

Makes me sad to say but we don't have very many folks left in the US that could build those scale replicas. We have dumbed down the population so far being a nation of people that buy what they want no one wants to learn how to build anything. I remember when I was in high school they were starting the computer programmer age they actively tried to get kids to go into office work rarely teaching mechanical skills. We as a nation are one of the worst in the world for teaching and graduating mechanical crafts. If you look at the numbers there will soon be a major need for mechanically skilled workers. The railroad industry alone is looking at over 30,000 machinists and other skilled trades retiring in the next 5 years.

My engineering/automotive teacher was saying the same thing. He wants to start a class at our high school that teaches just every day skills like changing light switches, minor fixes, etc. just to get kids to realize that you can do stuff yourself. This was his first year there and he improved all the classes he teaches a lot by doing a lot more hands on stuff where as the other guy did everything out of a book.

Matt

These minature trucks, could they be driven or just big models?

Paul,the one i saw could be driven,it had a four cylinder Perkins Diesel engine in it,the tiny cab was cramped,but the guy backed it down off a trailer under its own power!.............................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 4 months later...

There were 2 PIE miniature KWs A Needle noses in the late 40's and at least 3 COE's one of which is in a museum in the Pacific Northwest. Google PIE Miniature trucks and it'll show photos from Hanks site. Heres a few others

attachicon.gifPintoAirFreightCrosley_700.jpg

attachicon.gif5047521129_2d61294e43.jpg

attachicon.gif5047521129_2d61294e43.jpg

Hey. This looks awesome. They're look like father and son.