When Mack Roamed Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Western Asia

Nice shots of the WHDX-1000. And so of us are nuts enough to scratch build one of the 4 units in 1/24 scale. Namely one of the smaller units with the DDC 16V-71 & Clark BD-91000 rear axles....... Originally I built the model in 1997 working from 7 photographs & had 2 known dimensions.

attachicon.gifWHDX-1a.JPG

attachicon.gifWHDX-1b.JPG

attachicon.gifWHDX-1c.JPG

attachicon.gifWHDX-1d.JPG

Rick

You are an amazing modeler Rick.

Cheers, Rob

The Mammoet is a hybrid, combining the rear half of an F-model with the front half of a DM. But Mammoet had standard cab DMs as well.

This truck began life as a DM-611SX and was re-powered with a V-12 Detroit Diesel.

This DM looks to be very similar to those that were built under licence by FTF or Floor of Holland. Their trademark was teh re-powering of everything with green leakers.

Rick

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

Thanks to everyone's kind words on my model WHDX-1000. One of these days i will get around to putting the decals on for Arbegui. Then maybe build one of the larger units witht he Cummins VT-1710 & Mack Planidrives.

Back to pushing snow

Rick

Richard Mark

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

Mack had a major importer in Holland didn't they?

Sorry for my delay, I had to dig out my Mack International distributor list for the period (in those days, Mack was everywhere).

The Mack Int'l regional sales manager for Europe was Hagen B. McGuire.

The distributor in Holland was:

Mack Int'l dealer code: X93H

NIBM B.V.

P.O. Box 269

2800 AC Gouda

The Neatherlands

Phone: 31-1820-30033

President - H.Gehlen

General Manager Commercial Vehicles - J. Wauben

Established in 1939, NIBM remains in business today.

WWW.MACKMONNE.NL
look at this website.

this is the guy who imports the most macks to europe these days.

the most european companies can`t buy a mack because they don`t bult cabovers anymore.

in europe whe have a length restiction for trucks.

so all the usa trucks with european trailers are to long.

• Like 1

WWW.MACKMONNE.NL

look at this website.

this is the guy who imports the most macks to europe these days.

the most european companies can`t buy a mack because they don`t bult cabovers anymore.

in europe whe have a length restiction for trucks.

so all the usa trucks with european trailers are to long.

You're right that he does import U.S. trucks into Europe.

When you go to Volvo's Mack brand website --> click on Mack Worldwide --> Dealer Locator --> Netherlands, Volvo still lists NIBM (N.I.B.M. Industrie Bouwmachines B.V. to be exact). But interestingly, NIBM's website doesn't mention the first thing about Mack. (http://www.nibm.nl/)

For all intents and purposes, Volvo Group only wants to sell Mack-branded trucks in Australia/New Zealand and select countries in South America. Volvo Group wants the Volvo brand to get the sales in all other global markets.

Unlike the many global companies whose Venezuelan facilities were stolen (nationalized) by Chavez's government, the Swedes kept that regime's palms greased so that the Mack plant went undisturbed. What else would you expect from a company that sells trucks to Iran's Revolutionary Guard.

Given the massive undeniable global footprint that the former Mack Trucks had, its sad that Volvo arrogantly snubs the Mack brand in the worldwide market.

Would Volvo create a new Mack-branded COE for the global market, an Ultra-Liner II?? No way in heck. THAT is NOT part of the Volvo plan. The dog brand is on Volvo's leash and must heed the foreign master's orders.

At least the Germans have some fun with their empire, actually investing heavily into the development of the impressive Freightliner Argosy II COE and selling it head-to-head with their own Mercedes-Benz Actros in global markets. Let the customer decide, that's the German spirit. We make money either way.

And of course, the impressive new Kenworth K200 COE is very popular down under while the veteran Internatonal 9800i soldiers on with a tried and proven design from Brazil to South Africa to New Zealand.

post-5381-0-37447400-1364448625_thumb.jp

post-5381-0-11472200-1365388197_thumb.jp

post-5381-0-11513900-1365388213_thumb.jp

post-5381-0-93498900-1365388220_thumb.jp

post-5381-0-23341900-1365388264_thumb.jp

post-5381-0-75354400-1365388970_thumb.jp

post-5381-0-18582200-1365388975_thumb.jp

post-5381-0-91321000-1365388995_thumb.jp

post-5381-0-47454200-1365389009_thumb.jp

post-5381-0-51790600-1365390978_thumb.jp

post-5381-0-81572400-1365390997_thumb.jp

post-5381-0-62971000-1365391008_thumb.jp

post-5381-0-36764800-1365391019_thumb.jp

post-5381-0-85303000-1365391028_thumb.jp

• Like 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very Nice Pics & though I know it's the Gospel truth , the more I hear What V%$*O Is doing to my name sake the more Redneck I get about it . Herb Ketter (H K On BMT) Said it best on a Facebook post in a Mack group there "@ least when Renault owned Mack they let em do their own thing."

I Hate the new master the bulldog has & just hope the bulldog winds up like so many other American companies the 5 LETTER CUSS WORD THAT STARTS WITH "V" & ENDS WITH "O" has done to them & slowly killed them off like GMC another truck I made quite a bit of money w/ next to Mack & Autocar. Or reduced them down to hardly nothing (like AutoCar now just a lonely low cab over garbage truck) or rebranded other (like Ackermann excavators or Champion graders )

I'll come down from my soapbox now & yall have a great one .

:mack1:

• Like 1

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Very Nice Pics & though I know it's the Gospel truth , the more I hear What V%$*O Is doing to my name sake the more Redneck I get about it . Herb Ketter (H K On BMT) Said it best on a Facebook post in a Mack group there "@ least when Renault owned Mack they let em do their own thing."

I Hate the new master the bulldog has & just hope the bulldog winds up like so many other American companies the 5 LETTER CUSS WORD THAT STARTS WITH "V" & ENDS WITH "O" has done to them & slowly killed them off like GMC another truck I made quite a bit of money w/ next to Mack & Autocar. Or reduced them down to hardly nothing (like AutoCar now just a lonely low cab over garbage truck) or rebranded other (like Ackermann excavators or Champion graders )

That is the fact, "when Renault owned Mack, they let them do their own thing".

The most intriguing Cruise-Liner in the world operated in Germany. It appears to have an F-800SX or F-900SX chassis. It had a 600 horsepower V-12 Cummins powerplant.

Does anyone know more about it?

Very interesting! would like to know more about this on as well.

Rick

Richard Mark

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck