The life of a "trucker" ?

vision386

Had to post this "load" that came up at the bottom of the screen,what a joke! see the country,earn big money,be your own boss! i noticed theres not much information in the category "what you can expect as a truckdriver"....gotta stop laughing and catch my breath!.........................Mark

http://www.driverjobs.crengland.com/?id=google.com&gclid=CPn3r83JhLYCFckx4AodFHYAgg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Had to post this "load" that came up at the bottom of the screen,what a joke! see the country,earn big money,be your own boss! i noticed theres not much information in the category "what you can expect as a truckdriver"....gotta stop laughing and catch my breath!.........................Mark

http://www.driverjobs.crengland.com/?id=google.com&gclid=CPn3r83JhLYCFckx4AodFHYAgg

Well they'll even throw in a Cat deisel power cap and chain drive wallet to boot and don't forget Big Roadie belt buckel!

They sure make it look easy don't they Mark

I wonder how many suckers they recruit each year!

Ron

Every one of them

Also, can I get a Red Sovine CD?

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Do we get fingerless gloves if I sign on??.....Schneider wanted to hire me once and if I did sign on I would get a pair of $59.99 work boots absolutely free

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Do we get fingerless gloves if I sign on??.....Schneider wanted to hire me once and if I did sign on I would get a pair of $59.99 work boots absolutely free

THAT would have made the deal fer me

Too many of todays professional drivers wearing flip flops, sweat pants-three days old,...

Guy wearing flip flops got one caught under the pedal and couldn't get the brakes and drove a PT Cruiser about 200 feet before he stopped.

The PT driver was not seriously injured but has all kinds of back/neck problems now.

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

THAT would have made the deal fer me

Too many of todays professional drivers wearing flip flops, sweat pants-three days old,...

Guy wearing flip flops got one caught under the pedal and couldn't get the brakes and drove a PT Cruiser about 200 feet before he stopped.

The PT driver was not seriously injured but has all kinds of back/neck problems now.

I will admit that i do wear basketball shorts and a sleveless shirt when i'm parked for a long period of time, but i don't wear flip flops or any of that other garbage....I have a little more respect for myself than that

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Well they'll even throw in a Cat deisel power cap and chain drive wallet to boot and don't forget Big Roadie belt buckel!

Hope you get the red X ray glasses in the first pic too !!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Now if they throw on a genuine CB radio and give me a Handle, I am signing up!

Then i can say "Got me cobra 19+ with a radio shack antenna and call myself pork chop and lookout for dem smokies."

42! on the cobra with the extra big snake and chrome with the blue light special and X turnal speaker! Big...Big...Big...Radio...Radio...Radio...BEEP!

• Like 2

You guys are making me feel bad now :( I just signed up!!!, I couldn't wait another couple weeks for dump truck season to start full throttle and be home at 3-4 everyday to my hot girlfriend, still have time to hit the gym, go for a motorcycle ride , have weekends off and stay up till 9!

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

42! on the cobra with the extra big snake and chrome with the blue light special and X turnal speaker! Big...Big...Big...Radio...Radio...Radio...BEEP!

You been looking in my truck again??? lol

• Like 1

Do you get extra money iffin you can tell them what the 3 pedals are for? Reason being when I was at Gabralli Mack today all the just delivered Mack units were M drives, looked at the pair of K.W. s and they were automatics. Wouldn't look at the Swedes cause they make me itch. Does any of the newbie cowboys learn to drive a manual box anymore?

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On the other forum (aths) had a guy that actually became a girl, anyways he was a company driver and went and bought a used TMC tractor, was a 13 speed and he had to ask how to shift it. All he ever drove were 8 and 9 speeds.. I learned a 13 before any thing else at like 10 years old.

• Like 1

Don Hancock

Gabrielli? :thumbsdown:

Same one as in Milford. . .6 miles from me for filers.

P.T.CHESHIRE

I don't mean to be argumentative but all of the major trucking companies play a very important role that is needed for the trucking industry to continue. I am referring to JBHunt, Werner, Swift, CR England and the other negative image companies that exist and are referred to in this forum. I don't have a dog in this fight but am looking at it from the perspective of a young person wanting to become a professional truck driver. I am looking at it thru the eyes of my 22 year old grandson who is going to a local trade school for heavy equipment operator and class A CDL. He is going on weekends because he does have an other job.

When he finishes school and if he decides to go into trucking who is going to hire him? I am certain none of you would because of lack of experience, age, etc. Most companies want some experience if only 6 months. His other choice is to buy a used truck, get his own authority, insurance etc, and be hired as a power only unit. Or get a trailer and start his own company. When I sold my business and retired I did just that. I bought a 2000 Mack Vision ($17,000), put another $10,000 into it, got my own authority, insurance at $5,200, incorporated and went to CDL school ($4,000), all for a hobby trucker. My financial position is different from my grandson's and I was able pay for all of this. He could not do it nor have the credit rating to finance it. This is the status that most young people fall into.

When he finishes school, he will have the opportunity to be hired by many of the hated companies I listed above. Yes, he will be lied to by the company recruiters and promised the world and receive more lies. BUT, he will have a job, get reimbursed for school expenses, and gain experience and a paycheck until he is in the position to better himself.

Yes, we don't like what they did to the rates and many other things, but they play a very important role in the trucking industry.

• Like 1

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

"Most" new drivers use those types of firms to get a stephold into trucking. Get their year in(to pay for CDL school) and then go to a "better" place. Some never get to leave, but I think that is mostly their own fault(just my opinion). But I would guess that many think it's just pointing a steering wheel and get paid. It's more then that and they just dig a hole and never get out of it.

Any large trucking firm will not hire a rookie with a CDL due to insurance, so you can't start at the top. It is fun to poke at the bottom feeders, but many have to start there.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

We've exchanged words with them over some things. We'll leave it at that.

OK. I will add one thing on my part I'll only look at the trucks and by Mack Branded filters from them nothing more because of the attitude of being the only game in town.

P.T.CHESHIRE