Ramp up the pucker factor....naaaaaaahhhhhhh!

one night i took a short cut from TN to NC with the superliner and 51 foot stepdeck and that was a bitch, some thing like 45 miles in 3 hrs, latter i found out they called the road the Dragon, some place were motorcycles ride, or whatever

Oh naw, you don't wanna go that way. Seen youtube videos of it taken with dashcams or "handlebar cams". It's famous for bike riders, got something like 13,000,000 curves in 8 miles or something like that. I think Mike's ridden it on his bike.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

one night i took a short cut from TN to NC with the superliner and 51 foot stepdeck and that was a bitch, some thing like 45 miles in 3 hrs, latter i found out they called the road the Dragon, some place were motorcycles ride, or whatever

That goes to show that your a real truck driver buddy......98% don't make it.

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Sounds like a road i got on over there around Cherokee NC one day.

glenn akers

Thought I would generate some excitement today by going across a steep curvy mountain closeby...did pretty good...hardly used the brakes, gave the engine brake a good workout! Learned to use the engine brake when I needed a "quick" upshift!

Up ahead is the mountain we will cross See the power line...that's where we will cross! Twice!

attachicon.gifIMG_8093.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_8097.JPG

Get to the base, turn right Initial climb...long and straight

attachicon.gifIMG_8099.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_8101.JPG

First cross of the power line Hmmmmmmmm...looks sharp!

attachicon.gifIMG_8106.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_8109.JPG

Switchback! The first of two Second cross...pretty high up now!

attachicon.gifIMG_8111.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_8118.JPG

Switchback on the other side Curves are sharp! Cant imagine dragging a 53 footer across this!

attachicon.gifIMG_8124.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_8128.JPG

Heading back across... WTF! Of course coming up on a blind 90 degree curve

attachicon.gifIMG_8130.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_8136.JPG

Like the Amish mafia in front of you. :)

Cheers, Rob

Thought I would generate some excitement today by going across a steep curvy mountain closeby...did pretty good...hardly used the brakes, gave the engine brake a good workout! Learned to use the engine brake when I needed a "quick" upshift!

Up ahead is the mountain we will cross See the power line...that's where we will cross! Twice!

attachicon.gif IMG_8093.JPGattachicon.gif IMG_8097.JPG

Get to the base, turn right Initial climb...long and straight

attachicon.gif IMG_8099.JPGattachicon.gif IMG_8101.JPG

First cross of the power line Hmmmmmmmm...looks sharp!

attachicon.gif IMG_8106.JPGattachicon.gif IMG_8109.JPG

Switchback! The first of two Second cross...pretty high up now!

attachicon.gif IMG_8111.JPGattachicon.gif IMG_8118.JPG

Switchback on the other side Curves are sharp! Cant imagine dragging a 53 footer across this!

attachicon.gif IMG_8124.JPGattachicon.gif IMG_8128.JPG

Heading back across... WTF! Of course coming up on a blind 90 degree curve

attachicon.gif IMG_8130.JPGattachicon.gif IMG_8136.JPG

I was thinking the same thing, Amish mafia. Watch out Levi, Mack truck comin through Edited by brutis

Nice truckin' pics, Leslie! :twothumbsup: 554 out of Williamsport, right?

Nice scenery.

I once drove from Penn's Valley? to Lamar on a road similar to that. I could see from the start that I'd be going over the hill, but the lines on the map were not a squiggly as they should have been.

RT 445 ~ a.k.a. Madisonburg Mountain.

I never even liked to bobtail across there! LOL

Terry

Julian, PA

Deals gap, motorcycles love that place Ray, I ran that road with a camaro I used to have, all hotchkis suspension and Baer brakes. Its a fun ride if you like curves, its a nightmare if you don't,or don't have the HP to pull gears out all the way then you have to shift too much. Have fun with that Superliner Leversole just remember your not supposed to run over 100k/year if your not workin otr.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"