These all appear to have the filler panels around the headlights. Did Mack eventually redesign the sheet metal to eliminate the need for the fillers?

The head light buckets were changed and turn signals move due to water spray on mirrors and windows in wet weather. I remember hearing of a test being done with a pickup hauling 55 gallons drums of water spraying it on the the road ahead of the moving truck. The engineers figured out if the moved the headlight bucket out flush it would correct the spray.

I enjoy the ride of my Cruiseliner. It rides better than my one ton duramax service truck. It has great visibility and turns nice even without power steering. Anyone out there with some parts I will be in need of a few like the top center console where the radio goes (ripped out), air ride cab kit, and both pot metal emblems on each side of the cab that say cruiseliner.

• Like 1

I believe these are the trucks you speak of. Brian Schwind Trucking from Sheboygan WI. I used to deliver up to Sheboygan and Kohler WI

and I would always see a nice looking black Cruiseliner running around and I thought it was neat that somebody was still running one, but

little did I know that there are about 15 still rolling and was very cool to see them all roll into the Waupun Truck n Show.

I saw one of them about a week ago that was almost pure white with salt. It made me cringe to think what the salt was doing to the metal on one of those nice trucks.

I saw one of them about a week ago that was almost pure white with salt. It made me cringe to think what the salt was doing to the metal on one of those nice trucks.

I've seen them in the salt also, and I cringed thinking what it was doing to my truck. I always wondered if the Shwind drivers actually like

driving those trucks because these seem to be well taken care of, or if they are begging for an upgrade. Maybe to a brand new 86 cruiseliner.

The middle picture showing the one owned by George Tackaberry has insane miles on it.

Last time I knew it was still under 1,000 original miles.

Just crazy!

I heard the story on the Cruiseliner was that it was bought with a Government grant by someone in NY state who wanted to start a company. The truck never even made it on the road and was in storage since the original owner took delivery. It was found under a tarp while Tackaberry was looking at another truck he made the trip down to buy. Talk about hidden tresures!

I heard the story on the Cruiseliner was that it was bought with a Government grant by someone in NY state who wanted to start a company. The truck never even made it on the road and was in storage since the original owner took delivery. It was found under a tarp while Tackaberry was looking at another truck he made the trip down to buy. Talk about hidden tresures!

I have never asked George directly about the story on this truck, but have heard basically the same thing.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Not to mention the closeness in looks to a kenworth k123 air cleaner.

I was going to mention that! My K-125 air cleaner is what my step is mounted on (the drivers side).

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA