pictures of my old r models

I know the feeling! a ran an R-model from South Jersey to Binghampton,NY 6 nights a week in my early years,slept many a night between the seats while loading/un-loading! nice looking trucks,i like the paint on the first one,very sharp!..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Nice pair of old R models. like the paint on the '69 and those East half fenders.They were bulletproof, blow a tire and beat them back in shape with a sledge.I had a piece of plywood for filling the gap between the seats so I could lay down .Those were the days. Steve

I had a wooden box between the seats of my '76 R model and I carried a bottom cushion from a junked Bostrom seat that fit just perfect.That was 28 years and a couple hundered lbs. ago.

• Like 1

Great story n pic's keg, I know the feeling, I slept night after night in my ole R, a 73 237, 2stick 6speed. Mine had a factory box and seat base fitted with enough room to still get to the air valves. If I had kept it running I would of made a frame in front of the passenger's seat, to make more room on top and use the space under.

'The good ole days'

I was lucky,Granpop's R-model had a "schoolbus" seat on the pass. side,almost enough room to get sideways!.................slept many a night on the doghouse of my dads White-Freightliner when i was a kid too.............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

At 6'2" 245, sleeping on the floor of an R would be nearly impossible lol.

I have however gotten nice and comfortable laying across the seats, even with the body and plow levers between the seats lol

What's nearly impossible is trying to get up off the floor when you roll off the seats in the middle of the night and get wedged between the 2 sticks and the seats.Been there,done that.