2013 ATCA Macungie Show June 14, 15, 2013

fxfymn

The ATCA Family Reunion was well attended and a success. Next year we will make some changes that will benefit those who call in to register. Be sure to watch Double Clutch for the latest news.

Wanted to share what my wife said, but first I need to lay the foundation: I dont make her go to my truck shows, and she doesn't make me go to her girly shit shows or shopping at the mall or whatever else women like to do to their men to torture them like that.

That being said, she knows that to me, Macungie is the super bowl/world series and stanley cup of truck shows all rolled into one. Since we only live about 20 miles away, she tolerates the antics that occur for 3 or 4 days. I usually take Friday off from work and drive the truck over and leave it- so she has to come get me friday night. Since we never tried the picnic before, I asked if she thought she might want to go. She said "sure why not." So we were there, enjoying the fantastic food and company of everyone....She liked the girls singing and I am sure everyone saw my "small" chasing those three blonde girls around in front of the stage (YOU GO BOY!!!)

In the last few years we have had to cut back on magazine subscriptions, club memberships, etc etc etc to make the bucks stretch. As the door prizes were being handed out, she asked me if "this was one of the clubs I gave up." I said that yes it was. She then said "I really like this family atmosphere- these folks are all really nice people. Go ahead and spend the money and re-join on Monday."

Then we won the $500 and when I handed her the cash, she said "YES. RE-JOIN!!!!" :banana:

In all seriousness, for her to come to that conclusion was a big thing. ATCA impressed her, which is a hard thing to do sometimes....LOL

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Wait, there was a potential of winning $500? How did I not know this?

One of the raffle prizes....15 tix for 10 bucks. A whole poopload of prizes such as cleaning materials, buckets, waxes/polishes, bundles of rags, glass cleaners, wrench sets.....I REALLY wanted this super nice floor jack which was the next-to-last prize before the cash prizes (100, 250 and 500) were given out so when I didnt get the floor jack I was dissappointed. Never thought for a second we would get the big bucks...LOL

As I said in another post; Thanks to all of the ATCA board members, volunteers, and staff that work so hard to pull this off. What a show!

Doug; One idea for next year; why not start a place on the web page soliciting volunteers to help out with the show? For example I usually get in on Thursday and would be more than willing to help out with the setup if it is needed.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Wow, congratulations on the win! Where were they doing this? I have to remember for next year.

It's at the ATCA "Family Reunion" picnic held on Friday Evening starting about 5:30-6:00pm. ATCA provides burgers, dogs, sliced roast beef, piggy and drinks....Everyone else brings potluck stuff- potato salad, coleslaw, cheese trays, salads, deserts, etc. We brought a big tray of philly soft pretzels with dipping sauces- thought that would be cool for the out of towners. You have to sign up ahead of time. There are a few hundred folks there. Entertainment is a couple of gals doing karaoke and they're not too bad either!!! We never did it before and had a great time!!!

great show. thank god it stopped raining didnt wont to have another mudgungie. hey howabout setting that atendance record fantastic! it was great meeting up with the MACK PACK members. talking to denny and ken is just part of the show I look forward to and to every one that puts on the greatest truck show on earth THANKS! you guys out do yourslefs every year

Hi guys,

I'm still alive regardless all the impressions of the show.

So… What's about the motley crew picture??

Or maybe I miss something important again???

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 2 weeks later...

Rene, many thanks, you "kicked" me up to the bus right at the time.

The bus was the last one to the factory and I got it.

It was also nice to follow you as an ambassador during the tour.

We had only an hour to look everything over and your experience of previous visits was too helpful.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

The best accessory goes to this custom jump seat in a truck that I will remain nameless.... for now

attachicon.gifdora.jpg

I am not ashamed!!! Yes, that was/is MY SEAT. Yes, I am the proud occupant of that wonderful throne! And gosh darnit, it was mighty comfortable! :tease:

Ben

P.S. I actually didn't come up with that idea, it was just another fine example of my father's brilliance :twothumbsup:

• Like 1
post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

And yes, the show was AMAZING. I had an awesome time. Not only while on the show grounds, but on the journey there and back. It was great to hang out with some truely awesome people and see a whole bunch of awesome trucks. And best of all, there was an abundance of two strokes representin' :twothumbsup:

Ben

• Like 1
post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j