Two weeks of hell

JTFormula

I am sorry in advance for the depressing post but I have to get this out. First my Boss has a heart attack (he's recovering pretty well though) the Saturday before Christmas. Today was the first day he came into the shop. He didn't remember where half our cars in the dealership came from, including ones he bought himself. Then I caught some super nasty cold that put me on my ass from Christmas Eve until now. I get a phone call from my best friend on New Years day and his father passed away. I've known him since I was 6 years old so he was like a father to me as well. Today the Vet tells me my cat has a tumor behind her eyes and $4,700 later, we might have an idea of what we can do to treat her tomorrow, after I get back from the Funeral.

PS - we still never bought a damn fridge as the one we found was an inch too wide for the cabinets.

Today is a good day to start drinking.

I have to stay positive. My boss is recovering and is alive so that's a plus, my cold is getting better. The cat we'll know more tomorrow and proceed as directed. As for my friends father, he passed away peacefully after having breakfast, two cookies and then for a nap. That's the way to go. Still it felt like the weight of the world dropped on my shoulders.

I have seen a lot of good people on this site who truly care and pray for each other. For this I thank you for your support for your fellow hobbyist.

• Like 1

Yup,best thing (it can be difficult,i know) is to try and stay positive,it will get better. From one "Jersean" to another,just remember to stay "Jersey Strong" !........................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes Jt. Stay strong and know you've fit plenty of friends here to support you, as I've found that out myself. Also remember that god doesn't give you more than you can handle. And next time I see ya ill buy you a beer. Hang in there buddy.

• Like 1

Keep well!

All that is life, it turns from side to side, make curves and you never know what will be tomorrow.

But it's your life and everything that going is also your. Have that all and be thankful. There are positive bits in each moment of time, maybe sometimes too painful to think this way. You're still alive, try to make good everything you can do by yourself. Don't sorry hard and take "as is" all that you are not the master for.

Be shure, there are many people on here who are ready to support you. And not virtually only.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Update:

Your prayers and well wishes have been very helpful. The boss is starting to recover. He is still at 60% but out of the hospital and has been in the shop a couple hours a day before he gets tired and goes home. He still has memory loss which is hard for him as he remembers everything. Time will tell and heal.

I had the honor of being a pall bearer at the funeral. It was a sad day but we got through it.

My cold is just about gone. It really kicked my ass. What ever it is that is going around it is strong as hell. Still have a flem cough but I feel a heck of a lot better.

As for the cat, many of the test results came back negative which is a good thing but still waiting on the spinal tap results to see what this tumor like thing is. But the best news is tonight I noticed the cat has regained her vision back a bit which is telling us we are going in the right direction. The medication she was given is working.

I am not a very religious person but I think one of the things you guys told me I really held onto. "God doesn't give you more than you can handle" - This helped me get though this rough time as well as the power of positive thinking. In one week I was really down but with the good news of our pets recovery, there is a good light at the end of this tunnel.

Thank you everyone from my wife and I for all of your support!

• Like 1

JT your are mounted on a 44k camel back suspension and you run a e7-400 turbo

old style ( no ecm) but like everyone of us or any truck even Mack's you can have a flat tire or two

or your off a dirt road for a while , but you'll be back barking around, I know this sentence is cliché

but time help heal a lot of different kind of pain .

good day and get better .

• Like 1

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale