Chicago R models

On 7/5/2019 at 6:14 PM, Nobody454 said:

i had heard that the PTO won't engage if you're in gear on the MDrive...not sure if that is true or not...but I bet you couldn't spread stone very well in that case.

Maybe the Starks could confirm that

It won’t engage while in gear you have to go to neutral to engage the PTO and it won’t change gears while the PTO is engaged, I put it in first gear and it spreads stone just fine

• Like 1

Here’s a pic of the new trucks.  The Pete in it’s Stark stripes is a year old that we spec’d out, the KW we recently bought and it’s a year old, and the the other Pete is spec’d identical to the striped Pete except they moved tank placement on it.   Look at how low the mirrors are on the KW compared to the Petes.  I’ve used both in the last couple weeks and cannot get used to the mirrors on the KW. I also don’t  understand Pete mounting the CB antennas on the roof. Doing what we do they keep getting whacked. . 

20AE470A-3EC4-452A-B26F-F42338FD764C.jpeg

2248D08E-ACA9-4F41-8F76-77CE0BF85312.jpeg

And those roof mount antennas are usually detrimental to the roof skin too. I've patched several over the years and the antennas have been relocated.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sooo today on plainfield   oswego blacktop  I saw a truck painted stark colors but didn't say stark on it if it was sold I hope the new owner takes as good of care of it .hate to see Palumbo sell that superliner. I bet they ll want it back lol

• Like 1

I certainly remember Edmier and their yard on Cicero av. I believe around 16th st. and at the Ship and Sanitary canal, also remember Celli and all of the retired B models in that yard along the Tri-State tollway I think they finally got moved out when Ohare airport (if I remember correctly) took that piece of land. I hauled for Celli a short time back around '96 with my '89 R688ST. Celli was a Mack dealership for parts/ service and leasing but i don't think they sold trucks, but i could be mistaken.

Great pics fond memories

9 hours ago, storkmack said:

Driver wasn’t hurt.   Hit by a rock box with the usual suspect driving.   Totaled out a very nice CH.  now the battle begins. 

friend of mine was kinda right next to them when it happened.  found parts on his lowboy under the machine he was hauling...said the dump truck never slowed down

• 3 weeks later...