Chicago R models

Your Chicago area (retired) R model of the day goes to...attachicon.gif100_3079.JPGattachicon.gif100_3078.JPG Bernardi Cartage. This truck was being run everyday up until the mid '90's or so.237/6 speed 4.17 rears on camelback.This truck along with the rest of the Bernardi fleet,hauled many a ton for Meyer material Co. over the years.It was a good runner in its day.Needs a good cab & ?,but all in all,complete.

I'll take it!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Did the Alan Smith truck burn up in a shop fire? That used to be a DBC lowboy truck. N. Il Towing used to have the other DBC super liner, I believe.

You are correct,sir! Sad but true. Alan had passed away by that time.Maybe a good thing (if you know what I mean).I don't think his heart would have made it ,if he witnessed that happening.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

you folks need to check sid kamps website.go to the gallery page and look at all the sweeties there.superliners r 's and b models he had and then his new ones .plus job site pics

I posted an older R that was on an Axle Equipment post card.You guys can add at any time,mackey,no problem! :thumb:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Here is a shameless plug... Looks like I was spotted at Walcott

...............................both stacks blowin' black coal.............................Red Sovine-Giddy Up Go!

• Like 1

help me out with the B-815 I see the V-8 on the hood were they Mack motors? im guessing not many made being i haven seen the V-8 emblem on many B models . Is this one a quadbox trans? A little info would be helpful on these trucks being i dont know much about them

Local 282 Union Service

help me out with the B-815 I see the V-8 on the hood were they Mack motors? im guessing not many made being i haven seen the V-8 emblem on many B models . Is this one a quadbox trans? A little info would be helpful on these trucks being i dont know much about them

Yes,mackman the B-815 used the END864 255hp naturally asperated MACK V-8.I think there were only like 220 units produced,so its a rare breed.I have never seen one with anything but a quadbox,as they were a "Heavy Hauler". That paticular B-815 of Kamp's,was repowered with a 237 (if I'm not mistaken) by an earlier owner,though.

Your Chicago area R model of the day goes to....attachicon.gifRoy's '67 R.jpg Roy's Transfer of Rochelle (closer to Rockford really,but they won't mind if I include them).This was their 1st Maxidyne powered tractor ('67).They stilll have it in their collection,along with many other beautiful Macks. Patty Dhamer Photo

Nice one Al ! that looks a lot like the 2nd Mack i ever drove (my Grandads R-685).....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Nice one Al ! that looks a lot like the 2nd Mack i ever drove (my Grandads R-685).....................................Mark

Thanks, Mark.They have got a nice collection of old :clock_logo: at their place.I finally got to meet the owner,a little over a year ago.He invited me over to see the collection.Have to check it out! Al