Chicago R models

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, DavCut said:

A “new” addition to the fleet @storkmack?

We picked it up from a contractor we work with a couple years ago.  Had a miss in the motor and a syncro out in the trans.  Pump, injectors, turbo took care of the motor and a Mack 18sp out a wreck.  New trunuion  a couple weeks ago.  Good for another 30 years.     Gotta watch the pyro climbing hills because she will warm up. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/21/2022 at 9:01 AM, mackey58 said:

So I see at richie bros auction in Morris there is Naperville excavatings kenworth 4 axle tractor and 4 axle talbert lowboy. I wonder if they got a new one or locked the doors there

Yup, you want to talk about a screwball operation. I was the last driver to use it. Frame on the truck is rotted thru over the airbags on the lift axle, and the trailer is so far gone, the mechanic wouldn't touch it to weld up the problems. They say it's cheaper to pay sunset to move everything. I left in October after the trailer failed the safety inspection. Probably used to be good place, but not any more. Brad, the only other driver left, retired this spring. Now they have no drivers

i think they have a laborer running brad's pete around, i saw it once on 59. otherwise they just sit in the garage I guess. I think theres still a few t&w trucks running panels and powder around, and the diamond trucks picking up stone for redi mix, but no more naperville drivers. kind of a shame