Chicago R models

On 3 March, 2017 at 10:33 PM, Lmackattack said:

I have had to offload in the center of a Chicago street because the crown in the road was just as bad. Its just common sence you dont try to move a machine if the trailer is leaning. And look at the sag in those crap ramps...SMH

I found that out the hard way. No pics to prove.  I slid one off that wasn't leaning as much. Once it starts to go there is no stopping it. 

It was 25 years ago. My machine didn't have ROPS. All i could do was jump as far away as I could. Machine ended up in the ditch ,upside down, 3 inches from my legs . Was a Lucky day ,and a life lesson. 

I'm with Lmackattack, if the floats not level , machine is not coming off. 

• Like 1

Keith 

Back to villa park to haul spoil to bluff city got 4 loads there Tuesday had about 6 barge trucks with me.I run north av (64)to rt 59 to w.Bartlett  rd to gifford  to the dump.they bitch  about running  the toll rd.when the job started  we were hauling stone up from plainfield  and fill back to plainfield. Buco toll bill they said.6 loads out and 6 up I bet it was

6 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

Red Horse-They bought those CH's when their stock was down before there recovery.

Thx Jim- I knew they were not in good shape-shocker to hear they were buying used tractors.  Wow how times have changed remember the old days in the late 60's early 70's when it seemed every fifth truck on I-90 was a "Big R"!

Thx Jim- I knew they were not in good shape-shocker to hear they were buying used tractors.  Wow how times have changed remember the old days in the late 60's early 70's when it seemed every fifth truck on I-90 was a "Big R"!

Now every 5th truck is a FedEx Ground contractor.
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Now every 5th truck is a FedEx Ground contractor.

Amen-thank you Amazon!  And every 4th truck is a Swift going to the Amazon DC, and every 3rd is a JBH container headed to the same location, etc etc. Oh-and the 7th? a drop deck loaded with Bridgeports coming from a plant that just shut down-he is headed to an auction site!  

Sad state of affairs.

• Like 2

We have a lot more Schneider trucks to deal with now going up and down rt 20 seems like a lot more on Mondays 45 MPH specials. I get stuck behind them from where the four lane ends all the way to 47 10 miles an hour under the speed limit all the way really ticks me off I don't want to sound prejudice here but most are black and weigh somewhere around 300 pounds must be a new company requirement.

• Like 1

Got to watch out for that Schneider tanker he will yank right out in front of you and drive 40 MPH to where ever he is heading to and what a surprise he is black too. I wanted to yank him right out of that truck last summer when he did it to me twice in the same week.

And if you guys here are working on your fuel bonus  and drive an auto  not ripping on you . Must be cause I'm old and do like I was taught when we farmed.get up get going get done. Just me on my soap box done for now thanks

• Like 1

If they are working for a fuel bonus great use the right lane and when on a two lane get it up to speed limit if you cant do that stay on the big road. That's the trouble around here no respect for others don't hold up traffic to put a few bucks in your pocket or plan your route better so your not being the a$$hole holding up traffic. Its the screw them attitude if they don't like it I'm here and I don't care if there is a half mile long line of cars and trucks behind me. I knew a guy who would follow someone like that when they went in a rest stop he would pull the release on their fifth wheel they would take off and the trailer went down and sat on their frame. He used to sit in the lot and laugh while the fat a$$ had to crank a loaded trailer up to slide back under it.

• Like 2

I had words with a bobtail Schneider last summer on rt 39 after he yank himself into the left lane in front of me doing 64 to let some one on at 38. He got upset after I past him on got of on 88 west shortly afterwards.  I've noticed that they've been on 20 a lot and can't do the speed limit actually most of those van trailers running on rt 20 can't run the speed limit thru the curves must be scared.

43 minutes ago, IH Farms 2 said:

I had words with a bobtail Schneider last summer on rt 39 after he yank himself into the left lane in front of me doing 64 to let some one on at 38. He got upset after I past him on got of on 88 west shortly afterwards.  I've noticed that they've been on 20 a lot and can't do the speed limit actually most of those van trailers running on rt 20 can't run the speed limit thru the curves must be scared.

My truck won't do the 70 mph speed limit don't get mad at me but it is of the brown variety.