58 B 61 Cab heater wiring

My mixer has the same thing, it appears to be a resistor. But would not bet 100% on it being on the ground leg. Could cut down R.F. noise.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

My guess is that it is a Fuseable link...used in the heater specifically (in case a slow short or a quck short that might melt the wire) to protect the cab from filling with poisonous smoke...Usually the were a short peice of wire 4 sizes smaller than the circuit, or two peices soldered with a low temp solder...

My 58 B 61 lining up for the 2012 4th of July parade in Fort Madison, Iowa. Purchased on July 2011 on ebay it made the trip from Massillon, Ohio to my home near Wever, Iowa trouble free. The seller had owned this truck for over 30 years. Originaly a B 61 T the frame had been lengthened. I redecked it and built the stock rack. The ground wire in the heater box came loose and now ok, the reason for asking about the wiring. My first big truck and I love it. 60 mph on the road is its sweet spot,

post-9242-0-97427400-1354936341_thumb.jp

• Like 1

My 58 B 61 lining up for the 2012 4th of July parade in Fort Madison, Iowa. Purchased on July 2011 on ebay it made the trip from Massillon, Ohio to my home near Wever, Iowa trouble free. The seller had owned this truck for over 30 years. Originaly a B 61 T the frame had been lengthened. I redecked it and built the stock rack. The ground wire in the heater box came loose and now ok, the reason for asking about the wiring. My first big truck and I love it. 60 mph on the road is its sweet spot,

Say what?? Massillon?? Come on..........after 46 yrs here I've never seen that B, ever. Guess it spent alot of time hiding in a garage.

Good looking truck!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Wow, they musta kept it under wraps. Never been to Lynn's, but know the location.

Just a few blocks north, Rohr's towing has a B75? tow truck sitting in the back of their shop. Hasn't seen the light of day for many, many years.

I purchased my B model from General Towing in Canton.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"