Lauch of my new Website!

tkobes43

Very professional and concise. Good luck with it.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

and you never called me to go and get that "trailer" :tease::blah:

Tom

Um did you forget I did call you. Message I got on Fb was eating diner call you later. Sent you a message on the final jeopardy tune, Doing homework call you tomorrow. That was wednesday. Come on now ball is in your court lol. :whistling:

Um did you forget I did call you. Message I got on Fb was eating diner call you later. Sent you a message on the final jeopardy tune, Doing homework call you tomorrow. That was wednesday. Come on now ball is in your court lol. :whistling:

Shit, Sorry Randy :( Been hectic around here. Call you soon!

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Ill make a section for the B61...

Tom

That's all it really needs....some pics of the old Mack.

Although I did get a kick out of

We have been servicing New Jersey and the surrounding areas since early 2012!

...you do realize we're still in 2012, right? Early 2012 wasn't all that long ago. Might leave out the part about when you got into business...just saying you service NJ and surrounding areas is probably enough. Maybe in 5-10 years start with the year you went in business...until then it just makes you look too new and possibly inexperienced. I know we've all got to start somewhere. Perhaps on the "about" page you might make a mention of it...and since you're so new, perhaps what prior experience you had and what it was that led you to start your business....what you thought you could do better than what you saw other people doing....

Overall, the website does look nice. Definitely need some testimonials, though...looks strange having a page for it and none on there. Has anyone ever sent you a "thank you" card or letter that you could scan & post or retype so that it can be included?

...but then again, I don't have a website. I don't even have my own authority...I just lease on to another carrier, so I really don't need a website. In other words, don't take my suggestions TOO seriously, because what do I know?

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

That's all it really needs....some pics of the old Mack.

Although I did get a kick out of

...you do realize we're still in 2012, right? Early 2012 wasn't all that long ago. Might leave out the part about when you got into business...just saying you service NJ and surrounding areas is probably enough. Maybe in 5-10 years start with the year you went in business...until then it just makes you look too new and possibly inexperienced. I know we've all got to start somewhere. Perhaps on the "about" page you might make a mention of it...and since you're so new, perhaps what prior experience you had and what it was that led you to start your business....what you thought you could do better than what you saw other people doing....

Overall, the website does look nice. Definitely need some testimonials, though...looks strange having a page for it and none on there. Has anyone ever sent you a "thank you" card or letter that you could scan & post or retype so that it can be included?

...but then again, I don't have a website. I don't even have my own authority...I just lease on to another carrier, so I really don't need a website. In other words, don't take my suggestions TOO seriously, because what do I know?

I have thought about this even though I am leased on to a carrier. Reason being I can bring my own freight here just got to run it through them. You can probably do the same thing. Big difference is I own the truck and trailer. But if you get work I would assume as long as they know and it goes thru them there shouldn't be a problem.

Make sure you list fully insured and post your dot and mc # when you establish them. Also I would list the type of freight you want to specialize in.

Remove your date of business for now. Perception is everything and you do not want people to think you are still set behind the ears.

Good luck and great success to you!

I wanted to buy a T-shirt.

But there is nothing there

PS-I agree with Rowdy on the 2012 thing

I agree with Rowdy about the experience. Otherwise nice website! And yea, a few old Mack pics would be nice. Shoot, mention BMT (that is if Commander in Chief Barry is okay with it).

Make sure you list fully insured and post your dot and mc # when you establish them. Also I would list the type of freight you want to specialize in.

Remove your date of business for now. Perception is everything and you do not want people to think you are still set behind the ears.

Good luck and great success to you!

Removed the date we opened. T Shirts and sweatshirts should be in within a couple weeks, will add my DOT# when i get it.

JT- By what do mean what freight i specialize in? Do you mean flat bedding?

Thanks everyone for the help!

• Like 1

Looks good Tom,very professional,i agree with most everyone else about dropping the start date,give it a few years,gain some good experience,then add your "in business since............date" first and formost,DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU'RE GONNA DO!,we as owner-operators have nothing to sell but service,once you get a good reputation,you can pretty much write your own ticket. Just some friendly advise,now get out there an' give er' hell!!!!!................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Tom - yes list drop deck flatbed service and the type of freight you want to specialize in maybe good like hauling cars, equipment, general frieght services etc.

You can say something like "we have the right equipment and experiance to haul forklifts, light construction equipment, automobiles and trucks to lumber, palletized freight, etc". Just to give you an idea this way people know you what you can move. Something like a D9 Catapiller is going to be too much for your trialer but a couple skid steers, backhoe, box truck, cars etc you can accommodate.

I have to agree with everyone else. If you book a load, you do it fast, safe and deliver when expected. The best businesses get clients by word of mouth, which gives you a chance they will use you over and over again.

Tom - yes list drop deck flatbed service and the type of freight you want to specialize in maybe good like hauling cars, equipment, general frieght services etc.

You can say something like "we have the right equipment and experiance to haul forklifts, light construction equipment, automobiles and trucks to lumber, palletized freight, etc". Just to give you an idea this way people know you what you can move. Something like a D9 Catapiller is going to be too much for your trialer but a couple skid steers, backhoe, box truck, cars etc you can accommodate.

I have to agree with everyone else. If you book a load, you do it fast, safe and deliver when expected. The best businesses get clients by word of mouth, which gives you a chance they will use you over and over again.

I 100% agree with everything you just said. I had a fella call me from georgia on wednesday. He said he needed his trailer moved filled with commercial washers and dryers from US Army "I think" (have paperwork down stairs) facility in morristown NJ and moved 35 miles to a storage facility. I said sure no problem. I can do it sometime next week is that okay. My week was very hectic and really didn't have much time to change 5th wheels on the international. He said it needs to be there by Friday night. I knew it was going to be nearly impossible for me to switch 5th wheels, take have my day driving... Visit my grandma in the hospital. I told him i will do my best but i can't guarantee anything. He said Thats no problem. Just do your best. I sent him paperwork to sign saying he authorizes me to pick up his trailer and move it. So Thursday morning comes around and i move his trailer from morristown 35 miles to the storage facility. When I'm done i call him and I'm Like Will your trailer has been moved and everything has been taking care of. He couldn't believe it. It was like he won a million dollars. I only charged him 200 bucks to move it. Well long story short he was very appreciative that i made it work and got it there before its deadline. Okay I'm done rambling......

Tom