The Aftermarket Cure For U Models

I said something about the slant-6 "being engineered by Mack to counter-balance the U-Model" a few weeks ago...i think in the same paragraph about how the guy who engineered something as screwed up as the U-Model must have been an engineer for Mopile.

Oh, haha, I didn't see that post. That just popped into my head a little while ago and I went and found a pic real quick.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Maybe they put those in the U410s instead of the EN414(Chrysler 413 V8). U know so U only need 2 fat chicks in stead of 3 :whistling::banana::notworthy: ?!!

Josh :bulldog3::SMOKIE-LFT:

P.S.

Still better have a kick stand at the ready :whistling: !

There were also some Chrysler V-8's installed in some B-Model Firetrucks, made specially for the US Gov't. One was on eBay not that long ago.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

long before the U model Locomotives also tried the off set cab idea. for some reason a designer was given the green light to put a cab where you have no room, the engine is in the cab with you, its always hot, and there is no room for a jump seat.

Ah the center cab 4-4-0, it was an interesting idea to get better visibility but the SP AC-4 Cab Forward was the king, the only real issue with them was running the oil and water all the way to the other end of an articulated loco lots of piping and lots of leaks. I still prefer the UP FEF series 4-8-4 and Challenger 4-6-6-4 they are beasts and they still have one of each running, the Big Boy 4-8-8-4 was the baddest in the land but was actually too big and heavy for most railroad lines in the US so the challengers and mallets reigned supreme, the C&O had some big articulated steam it was several feet shorter in length a couple feet shorter in height and weighed a couple tons less than a big boy but the Allegheneys (4-6-6-6) ran well just like the Pennsy Y class mallets

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Oh and the 4-6-6-6 Allegheny did make the highest actual recorded horsepower as per the C&O/Lima dynamometer car at over 7000 for a brief moment but the Big Boy maintained its pulling power at speeds the alleghenys couldnt reach.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"