u609 for vinny

mack mhe9

yup, definately had the rope tied too to the steering wheel and probable out the windows to the mirror brackets, thats how everyone use to tow them years ago. looks like a late 60's. has the b model style 505 front axle. probably had a 673 and its spent thats why its sittin there. actually looks like a nice project with a little pressure washer work and probably a new bullett and maybe a fuel tank strap, or ratche strap.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

yup, definately had the rope tied too to the steering wheel and probable out the windows to the mirror brackets, thats how everyone use to tow them years ago. looks like a late 60's. has the b model style 505 front axle. probably had a 673 and its spent thats why its sittin there. actually looks like a nice project with a little pressure washer work and probably a new bullett and maybe a fuel tank strap, or ratche strap.

I know right???? I thought it would have a 711.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

That have Aluminum tanks on it? don't really look that bad. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Here is another U for Vinny...I know you saw this in my album but here are the details:

gallery_2_6_8238.jpg

U685ST-15436 Built 4/28/78

Owned by Al's Construction in Murrysville, PA

• Like 1

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

yup, front axle is correct, i was just sayin its old cause it has the B model style front axle. think they did away with that around 1970 or so. your right a 609 would have a 711 in it and most likely a 9 speed overgrear. my R609 had a 711 and 10 speed in it originally. on a side note what ever happened to our thread about the oldest B R U L where we all put in out Vin numbers. not that any of us poor bastard probably bought much lately but i think we need that refreshed every once in a while.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Did y'all notice that the rope was out the passenger side window? That is a rare factory anti tip device to be deployed in the event of an emergency.

J/k Vinny , I have a pic of a U for you as well, but no vin number as I was interrogated for taking the pic and it was raining, ect. I'll have Ben post it soon, Tim

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Did y'all notice that the rope was out the passenger side window? That is a rare factory anti tip device to be deployed in the event of an emergency.

J/k Vinny , I have a pic of a U for you as well, but no vin number as I was interrogated for taking the pic and it was raining, ect. I'll have Ben post it soon, Tim

Alright, sweet, thanks Tim.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg