Oh well!

vision386

Found out today,my envolvement with the main company i deliver for will no longer be needed after the end of this month! (here anyway) i knew something was "up" but not to this extent. Seems they are going to close this plant,along with several others due to the "economy" i got about 6-7 more loads to fulfill existing orders,then i'm pretty much out on my ass! And to think the reason we moved down here in the first place was so i could be closer to my outbound freight! but i guess you never can tell about such things,i am offered work out of another plant,but its in Indiana,so i just don't know what i'm going to do just yet!.................................Mark

http://www.martinsvi...9&back=archives

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Sorry to hear the news Mark, keep your chin up and keep movin' forward. It may be tough but you will persevere with persistency.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Sorry to hear that Mark. Get what you can

I hear JB Hunt is looking, Schneider, Swift, ...........

Besides General freight, what else can you haul/experience?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Damn shame! Hope all works out for you. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Sorry about the bad news. I haves friend that runs intermodal for jb hunt. Harrisburg to Virginia and back . Says jb intermodal has an excellent program for owner ops. They pull a lot out of the paper place in big island which is somewhat close to your neck of the woods and a place in Covington va let me know if I can help

Thanks for the concern fellers! i surely appreaciate it! i'm not done yet,i spoke to the "traffic manager" at the plant in Indiana today for about 2 hours trying to see what their deal is,pretty much the same as i do now,with the exception of the 400 miles between here and there. And the fact that there are 25-30 owner-operators hauling out of there,as opposed to 2 here! He said he had spoken with the dispatcher at the Martinsville plant,and he had nothing but good things to say about me,so that being said, i made my list of "demands" loud and clear,same rate as now,no exceptions,pick and chose what i do and do not want (loadwise) i have been with this account longer than anyone else,so i am not about to hear any bullshit about costs of service,senority,on-time etc. i told him my record speaks for itself,and if there is any discussion about lowering rates,cutting stop/mileage pay,premium pay (5 boroughs NYC,LI,most of new england) than not to look for me to re-new the contact i signed. Of course all this has to be run past the "higher-ups". and the other problem i foresee is backhauls,now instead of this area,i'm going to have to find freight thats going to the midwest when i'm empty in order to re-load out of southern Indiana. On the bright side,i AM technically still leased to Clark Transfer,thought right now all i do is use their operating authority,and lease my trailer from them,and they are more than willing to do anything they can to help me out! it is sure nice to have people looking out for you! and as previously mentioned,my tractor is too old to do what Clark does fulltime,and i have absoulutely no intention of buying a new or "newer" truck anytime soon,as the "big money" days of long-haul trucking are just about gone,just does'nt pay like it used to,my gig right now being one exception,allthough the main reason is pretty much nobody WANTS to do what i do,go where i go! they all want truckload/west coast,no-touch,well that aint me! give me my 20 stops in Jersey,Philly,NYC anyday.That my friends,is my story,and i'm sticking to it!................again guys,i appreaciate the good looking out on my behalf!...............Mark

• Like 1

Where in Indiana would you be running out of?

Masterbrand has another bigger plant in Ferdinand,IN about 80 miles west of Louisville,KY off of I-64.........................................Mark

Ok Mark I know where that is I grew up about thirty miles west of Evansville near a little town called New Harmony now I live near the little town of Crossville Il I am out in the country about six miles from the junction of I 64 and Il route 1 if you start running this area and ever need anything or just want to say hello get in touch Brian

Ok Mark I know where that is I grew up about thirty miles west of Evansville near a little town called New Harmony now I live near the little town of Crossville Il I am out in the country about six miles from the junction of I 64 and Il route 1 if you start running this area and ever need anything or just want to say hello get in touch Brian

Pretty familiar with that area,i spent a lot of time in Evansville (i was leased to Atlas Van Lines for 22 years) have'nt heard back yet with whats going on,but i'll get something worked out!..............................Mark