picked up the 85 superliner

mack mhe9

nice now i have to get my little seeper E9 450 up and road ready and meet ya when i head to the Mack show in PA next year

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

well it was a mess, on the way out i was told he just needs to charge the bat from sitting and ad oil cause the pan has a pin hole in it from rust, ok so i show up and thers a portapower on a block of wood trying to push the frame up so he could get to the starter. truck sunk in the ground, the batteries in the truck were no good so he went to a truck junk yard and got 4 used ones, and they said they were good. not. so he has a small car trickle charger on it, ha. so i ask about the oil and he said he drained itout so it wouldnt leak out but he's used it since then he'd have to go get some, and at this point i say is there a wrecker service i can call, i thell him i dont want it started at all, so we air up some of the tires, the wrecker shows up loads it and away i go, the inside's shot, the dash looks to be ok some small cracks, theres some pussing between the rails, anything rubber is dryrotted, i got it to my yard it will be 2 weeks till i can get it home. fix the pan ad oil then try to start it,

Still, its a V8 and a Superliner. Keep us in the loop on it. Good luck with it. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Looks to be pretty complete but I'm guessing it needs lots of love, or as was said in a previous post a few weeks ago, some "romancing" :)

At least you were there early enough in the seller's stages of "getting it running" to have prevented a catastrophe, just imagine if the batteries were good and the old 10 year oil was still in it, how many cans of ether he might have sprayed through the intake before you walked up to stop him (been there, seen it) :blush:

Congratulations on the save, at least it will be loved once more! :twothumbsup:

well it was a mess, on the way out i was told he just needs to charge the bat from sitting and ad oil cause the pan has a pin hole in it from rust, ok so i show up and thers a portapower on a block of wood trying to push the frame up so he could get to the starter. truck sunk in the ground, the batteries in the truck were no good so he went to a truck junk yard and got 4 used ones, and they said they were good. not. so he has a small car trickle charger on it, ha. so i ask about the oil and he said he drained itout so it wouldnt leak out but he's used it since then he'd have to go get some, and at this point i say is there a wrecker service i can call, i thell him i dont want it started at all, so we air up some of the tires, the wrecker shows up loads it and away i go, the inside's shot, the dash looks to be ok some small cracks, theres some pussing between the rails, anything rubber is dryrotted, i got it to my yard it will be 2 weeks till i can get it home. fix the pan ad oil then try to start it,

I feel your pain everything rubber on the one I just got is dryrotted tires included, I wont even drive it on em, I have the oil in hte exhaust to deal with, the interior is in decent shape it needs a carpet but they had already bought it so its in the sleeper waiting for me to put in, there are wiring issues and scotchlocks everywhere so I get to redo that and the top of the dash is busted, got to find that piece, I have all new hood bushings and rubbers to fix the hood sag and rub now I have to repair the damage to the hood from the rub centerbeam bushings, air lines,etc. I wanted a project and an old truck is a never ending one.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

after thinking about it im going to get it runing and then get ridof it,not that its to much work but if im going to restore a superliner id do my 92, single frame, big bunk, 18spd , and it just about rebuit from front to back, just away better truck spec wise. i was looking for something older, idont know what but i'll know it when i see it kinda thing, as for the 85 my exporter guy called me be for he bought it and shiped it, so i had about 5hrs to make the deal or it was gone, i'll get it to my house in about 2weeks and start checking everything out and go from there,

well i bought sight unseen but was told it ran, i understand that its not road ready, but my gut fellout when it didnt run, to me theres big difference in price,if it ran and atleast moved i would like 13 to 15, but everythings neg. if it doent run then i learned a lesson,