A Forum First

shezaus

Hi Everyone, I am an old girl from Aussie who is a volunteer at the National Road Transport Hall of Fame in Alice Springs in Australia. I am always being asked by our visitors about makes and models of trucks. I do not always know the answers so joined BMT to ask the wise and dedicated truckies for some answers. So to start I have two questions.

1. Is there somewhere I can access a complete list of models made by Mack? Preferably with pictures.

2. Is there a K-model Mack?

Okay, now lets see what I can learn.

Edited by shezaus

Welcome!

We have a couple blokes from down under here.

They seem to post a lot at nite.Don't know why.

BTW-do they have Outback Steakhouses there?

Also, the feller known as randyp wanted a pic of you in a bikini-----or less

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

That's not answering the question! There's a book by Ron Adams called "Mack Trucks" that certainly covers most, if not all, models of Macks, lots of pictures too. Another good one is "Mack-Driven for a Century" by John Heilig, which also has lots of pictures.

There was never a K-model Mack to my knowledge, but there are U-models.

So...do they have Outback Steakhouses there?

Do you know Andrew? He lives in Australia. In fact, I call him "Andrew from Australia".

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That's not answering the question! There's a book by Ron Adams called "Mack Trucks" that certainly covers most, if not all, models of Macks, lots of pictures too. Another good one is "Mack-Driven for a Century" by John Heilig, which also has lots of pictures.

There was never a K-model Mack to my knowledge, but there are U-models.

So...do they have Outback Steakhouses there?

Do you know Andrew? He lives in Australia. In fact, I call him "Andrew from Australia".

Hey, I was supposed to say there was U models.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Thank you all for the welcome and for your comments. Be assured that I do not do bikinis. Anyawy the weather here in Alice Springs is very very cold at present. And yes we do have outback steakhouses which serve steaks of various types: camel, beef, crocodile, emu, kangaroo to name a few. Yummy.

Am impressed with what I see of this forum. Our museum has a website which is www.roadtransporthall.com if anyone would like to check it out. There is a forum on it as well.

Would be very pleased to hear from anyone who has information on any of the trucks etc pictured on the website. Other comments welcomed also.

There is a Mack shed being added to the precinct within the next couple of years. This is exciting as we will be able to display Macks and Mack history for all to see.

PS I know lots of Andrews from Australia too.

Welcome to BMT. We will do what we can to help, you may have to put up with some good humored razzing.

Jeez Joe, I can't believe you missed the G!

The listing on the link is a very good reference.

You can always contact the Mack Trucks HIstorical Museum, they are always willing to help out and have almost every answer to every question!

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Welcome aboard! I took a quick look at the National Road Transport Hall of Fame website and will have to check back when I have more time. It looks like a fun place to visit and it 's kind of you to volunteer your time for the cause.

Forgive my fellow BMT'ers for some of the silly questions, they get carried away sometimes. There is something I've been wondering about, however. How do you folks down there keep from falling off the bottom of the earth?

Well, at least you didn't ask why the toilet water goes around back wards... :)

Welcome here! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Welcome aboard! I took a quick look at the National Road Transport Hall of Fame website and will have to check back when I have more time. It looks like a fun place to visit and it 's kind of you to volunteer your time for the cause.

Forgive my fellow BMT'ers for some of the silly questions, they get carried away sometimes. There is something I've been wondering about, however. How do you folks down there keep from falling off the bottom of the earth?

It's because the earth sucks

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

That just might be the new "funniest thing i've ever seen on BMT", and there's been a lot of them.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

All of yous orta be looking down at you toes right now just being shamed of youselves! Lady comes on here asking few simple querstions, and right offf the bat, hatcity wants her nekkid, all yous others axing all these silly stupid questions! Im appalled and aghast, les be a lil more civilized and quit acting like cavemen! Outback restaurants, falling off earth, and all kinds silly stuff! Mam, apparently Im the only gentleman here, you can PM me with any questions you may have, (including Bikini pics) and I will make every effort to pull from my academic, authoratative mind and satisfy,,er,,answer them for you. At your service,,,Dr. Randyp

I for one am speechless and until now (following Randy's advice), never knew that my shoe was untied...Thank you GuruRandy...all seeing MackMaster...

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE