The S.S. EUCLID in 1956

41chevy

This was the largest truck in the world in 1956, what better way to show it!!!

Motorama1956_02_10001.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Impressive sweem pool !!!

Sorry, can't iderntify that driver's door form.

Shure it's not B 61 and probably not Mack.

Vlad

E U C L I D a division of G M

post-3242-0-28525000-1342745873_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

E U C L I D a division of G M

post-3242-0-28525000-1342745873_thumb.jp

I have an antique truck magazine here somewhere, I think it's one that's no longer published, that had an article about a Euclid in Pa. that had 2 6-71's in it. They were still using it on a job, and supposedly it was going to a museum as soon as the job was finished.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

they make artificial water?..I never knew. I'm always learning stuff here.

Yeah, after proving silicone to be cancerous upon leakage they came up with this artificial water calling it saline. When injected into the breasts it really makes the nipples stand tall; especially with a cool breeze.

That's the way I've noticed it anyways.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That's odd- I went through all these antique truck magazines in the rack looking for the Euclid article, since I had nothing else to do. I've never thrown any of them away, but I couldn't find it. I thought it was in one called "Shifting Gears", one I only got 3 or 4 issues of before they stopped publishing it, I guess. I know the Euclid was somewhere around Clearfield, Pa. and i'm pretty sure I didn't dream it.

they make artificial water?..I never knew. I'm always learning stuff here.

I had dehydrated water once... :)

P.T.CHESHIRE

I remember the story also. It was in the ATCA publication Double Clutch. I have it but can't put my hands on it at the moment.

The fellow used to go hunting in the area and would bring his camera and the twin 6-71 was his target.

I will find it sometime this weekend.

Jim

OK, thanks. I didn't look too close at Double Clutch, just a quick look at the covers. i'm pretty sure i've still got it too then.

That magazine rack came from a store in Appomattox. They were throwing it out- wish I had another one, this one's almost full to capacity.

OK, thanks. I didn't look too close at Double Clutch, just a quick look at the covers. i'm pretty sure i've still got it too then.

That magazine rack came from a store in Appomattox. They were throwing it out- wish I had another one, this one's almost full to capacity.

If you find anymore let me know! my wife hates it that i save all my old truck magazines,but i still like to re-read them,look at the pictures etc. i see you have them in order? that Sterling wrecker in the new WOT is one hell of a truck!,i gave it a pretty good looking over at Colfax last year. i'd like to see if i can find that book mentioned in the story, " A man and his truck" bet that would be interesting to read!.....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

If you find anymore let me know! my wife hates it that i save all my old truck magazines,but i still like to re-read them,look at the pictures etc. i see you have them in order? that Sterling wrecker in the new WOT is one hell of a truck!,i gave it a pretty good looking over at Colfax last year. i'd like to see if i can find that book mentioned in the story, " A man and his truck" bet that would be interesting to read!.....................................Mark

well...they were sorta-kinda in order until I went thru them this morning- I turned every other one backwards to make space, and they're all jumbled up now.

p.s. - "If you find anymore let me know!" Yeah, like that's gonna happen! I'd like to find another one for myself! :tease:

I remember the story also. It was in the ATCA publication Double Clutch. I have it but can't put my hands on it at the moment.

The fellow used to go hunting in the area and would bring his camera and the twin 6-71 was his target.

I will find it sometime this weekend.

Jim

Great! I went back through all the "Double Clutch" magazines today, and still couldn't find it. I'm just gonna ask Doug- Hey Doug, do you remember the twin 6-71 Euclid story, and which issue it was in?..thank you.

Great! I went back through all the "Double Clutch" magazines today, and still couldn't find it. I'm just gonna ask Doug- Hey Doug, do you remember the twin 6-71 Euclid story, and which issue it was in?..thank you.

I remember it like it was yesterday; and that's about as far as I can go with the subject.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The Euclid story is in Double Clutch March April 2002. The location of the rig is Oak Hill-Pottersdale PA.

The truck is a 9FFD 40 ton tandem axle featuring twin 6-71 for power. The story concludes with someone approaching the owner about donating it to a museum in Clearfield.

I don't know if the donation happened or not.

I am going to keep looking if there is some more info on this deal.

Jim

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Sorry for not responding, I was on vacation in Virginia Beach. I know the story, I know the truck. I believe this is one of the Detroit powered Eucs I used to hear as a kid while trying to fall asleep at night. I am not sure where it is right now, I will have to ask the owner. At one point he gave it to my nephew and then I heard he was giving it to a museum. I crawled all over this thing many times. I'll see what I can find out.

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

THis is one I had filed away on Rte 80 Apache Arizona, Paul

http://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?13866-Old-Euclid-1LLD

P.T.CHESHIRE