It's fargging hot out there!

Florida, also known as the worlds largest retirement home. Only thing I need Florida for is Disney, which we usually go to in October.

FLORIDA,otherwise known as "God's waiting room"..........................................Mark
  • Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Thanks other dog I'm not real familiar with that stuff just seen it around ..... It's 106 here right now , and my air just won't keep up,... Glad the fridge is still cold

103 in Peoria. Air has not cycled, or shut off all day.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You really are city boy!

Yes I am. I am the first person to admit it. I was born and raised in Huntingdon Valley, Pa. within a stones throw of the border with Philadelphia- and then I bought a rowhouse in Philly later in life and lived there for 10+ years.......The only thing I know about a farm is that there are horses, pigs, sheep, pigs and silage on them. Oh and corn, too. LOL........

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

What can Brown do for you?

I can think of quite a few things brown can do for me! where'd you live in Philly? born &raised in South Jersey myself,only been down here about 4 years...........................Mark

I can think of quite a few things brown can do for me! where'd you live in Philly? born &raised in South Jersey myself,only been down here about 4 years...........................Mark

My house was in Castor Gardens, 7000 blk of Kindred Street, between Princeton and Tyson, near Castor & Cottman. Was trying to get hired onto Philly Fire, but me being a white/male/non-vet and the minority hiring consent decree got in the way of that. Now I live in Hellertown, Pa. in the Lehigh Valley, right near Exit 67 of I-78.

Where in S Jersey are you?

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Know the area well,i was a household goods mover for 22 years,did a LOT of work in Philly,i'm originally from a little town right off of U.S. route 40 called Elmer,about halfway between Philly and Atlantic City. We moved to southwestern Virginia about 4 years ago so i could be closer to my outbound freight (LTL furniture,store fixtures,displays,mall kiosks etc.) sure miss the area! we are pilgrims in an un-holy land being "Yankees"! LOL!........................Mark

I was lucky enough to do a run out to Manorville on Long Island. My shop has no AC so it's been brutal the past coupe weeks. My co worker said my thermometer on my desk said 101 INSIDE the showroom. I was happily cruising in the shop truck and enclosed trailer with the air conditioner set on Artic Freeze.

I got some cool pics of Manhatten on my cell. I'll post them in a new thread in a day or so when I get them off the phone.

Know the area well,i was a household goods mover for 22 years,did a LOT of work in Philly,i'm originally from a little town right off of U.S. route 40 called Elmer,about halfway between Philly and Atlantic City. We moved to southwestern Virginia about 4 years ago so i could be closer to my outbound freight (LTL furniture,store fixtures,displays,mall kiosks etc.) sure miss the area! we are pilgrims in an un-holy land being "Yankees"! LOL!........................Mark

Mark, What's the differenc between a Yankee and a Damn Yankee?

A Yankee is someone who comes from the North.

A Damn Yankee is someone who comes from the North and STAYS.

Its hot here too, but, its summer, its posed to be hot. I just go round sweating like a hog, change shirts coupla times a day. Humidity is really bad. Oh well,,,,,,,,,,,,,randyp

Hogs don't sweat....so to say you "go round sweating like a hog" essentially means you are dry as a bone all day....unless of course you go round rolling in the mud to keep cool, which is the only way a hog has to keep cool since they lack sweat glands to produce their own perspiration. :blah:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Well, its a Texas thang, sweating like a hog, dont know why. Its just a saying dernit, I know a dern hog dont sweat. I have run enough of them with 4 wheelers, and watched them keel over and die. You cant just go round diagramically fractionalizing and invertalizing ever lil ole silly thing I says. I was sweating like a skinny homosapien then dernit, or neanderthal. Any way you turn it, sweat glands were doing double duty. You need to stay outta Meenards too, (never heard of that store myself). alrighty then, sincerely, randyp

Well, its a Texas thang, sweating like a hog, dont know why. Its just a saying dernit, I know a dern hog dont sweat. I have run enough of them with 4 wheelers, and watched them keel over and die. You cant just go round diagramically fractionalizing and invertalizing ever lil ole silly thing I says. I was sweating like a skinny homosapien then dernit, or neanderthal. Any way you turn it, sweat glands were doing double duty. You need to stay outta Meenards too, (never heard of that store myself). alrighty then, sincerely, randyp

"and don't come back to Woolworths!" - From "Oh Brother Where Art Thou", as Everett McGill is being thrown out the front door. Tried to find the clip on youtube, no luck. Another great movie.
  • Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Hot as hell here! At least we have A/C which I'm sure many of you Northerners lack. At least we didn't lose the power like many of my neighbors did a week ago Friday. There are still some folks who have not had power restored from that storm in the D.C. area that happened over a week ago.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Thats a great movie! i love the part when the boys meet up with baby-face Nelson,get in the car with him,i laugh my ass off everytime when Delmar says "George,summa yer foldin'money has come un-stolled" as all that loot blows out the window!............Mark