My Nominee for Wife of the Year

Congats on 25 years! Definatly a keeper. I'm going to leave photo of you cart ll over the house for a hint.. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Check out what my wife Wendy got me for our upcoming 25th anniversary.

post-61-0-87780400-1340863504_thumb.jpg

post-61-0-30195300-1340863573_thumb.jpg

We've been looking for our own golfcart to take to the truck shows for awhile,tired of renting all the time.2 nites ago I stumbled across this one on the internet for sale,and it was only 2 1/2 hours away.I showed it to her,told her it was just what we needed.I called about it the next morning,told the seller I'd make arrangements to come look and call back.When I called him this afternoon,he said it was sold.So,when I got home about 4:30,Wendy tells me that she bought it and was going to hide it till next month and surprise me,but the seller was leaving for Florida in the morning and she couldn't find anyone on short notice to pick it up,so we went up and got it.She's all disappointed her surprise didn't work out the way she wanted,but it was a big surprise to me,anyway.Think I'll keep her for another 25 yrs. now.

Guess I shoulda known she was a keeper ,she still married me after I showed up at the church looking like this.

post-61-0-91074800-1340864719_thumb.jpg

I did get forced into a tux later,though.

post-61-0-41426900-1340864890_thumb.jpg

i like the r model i hope she did to

Our anniversary isn't till 7-25,so I got awhile to find her something nice,but I doubt if I can top this.I'll get some more pics and get them posted,it has a Koehler engine and a Case Ingersoll trans.The guy built it himself.

As far as the R model,I was pretty proud of that old girl.Bought it 12-12-85,traded in a '67 F-611.It started life as a glider,manufactured and sold in '76 but not built until '79.It had a new Pedigree rebuilt ENDT676,brand new 2 stick 6 speed and rebuilt 4:17 rears on new trunion and springs.It was a pretty plain old work truck,super clean and came from a very good home.I put all the chrome,mirrors & brackets,battery box covers,hub caps,stack,added an extra horn and sun visor,polished aluminum bumper and swapped the front spokes out for polished Alcoas.Put in a hi-back Bulldog seat with arm rests and button tuck door panels from a '80 Superliner.A few years later a car ran a stop sign in front of me and I T-boned it,so after the repairs,I painted it 2 tone blue and added a 36" sleeper.It was a good old truck,I still know where it's at and hope to get it back again someday.

Very nice!

Now........is it an AC with chain drive or AK with shaft drive?

Tell Mikey to get some flaps on it!

Yup, you will be stylin' for sure!

It's shaft drive,but I'm going to figure a way to put chains on,just for looks.I've got a new set of the old Bulldog mudflaps they used to make for pickups hid somewhere,I think they'd be just right for it.I'm going to take the half dog off the hood and have my vynil guy make a AC emblem for it.

Our anniversary isn't till 7-25,so I got awhile to find her something nice,but I doubt if I can top this.I'll get some more pics and get them posted,it has a Koehler engine and a Case Ingersoll trans.The guy built it himself.

As far as the R model,I was pretty proud of that old girl.Bought it 12-12-85,traded in a '67 F-611.It started life as a glider,manufactured and sold in '76 but not built until '79.It had a new Pedigree rebuilt ENDT676,brand new 2 stick 6 speed and rebuilt 4:17 rears on new trunion and springs.It was a pretty plain old work truck,super clean and came from a very good home.I put all the chrome,mirrors & brackets,battery box covers,hub caps,stack,added an extra horn and sun visor,polished aluminum bumper and swapped the front spokes out for polished Alcoas.Put in a hi-back Bulldog seat with arm rests and button tuck door panels from a '80 Superliner.A few years later a car ran a stop sign in front of me and I T-boned it,so after the repairs,I painted it 2 tone blue and added a 36" sleeper.It was a good old truck,I still know where it's at and hope to get it back again someday.

Great story Mike, I really almost cried. You got any pictures of it now?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Wonderful story! and congrats on the up-coming anniversary,definately a keeper! i agree with the others,thats one sharp R-model,i really like the colors and paint design,one clean truck for sure!...........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.