My "new" bubble gum machine..............

Freightrain

Back when I got my truck it had a very small KD light on the roof. Nothing much, but I suppose it was as good as they were going to do for it. I always wanted to upgrade, though I don't ever have a real need for a warning light.

b61a.jpg

Few years ago I came across this big four bulb Signal Stat at our local clubs winter auction. Got it cheap and it's pretty nice unit.

SDC11095.jpg

After some internet searching, I came across a site from a fellow that specializes in old warning lights and police/fire equipment. He was only an hour north of me to boot. I found this very cool Federal model 175 "hill light" and just had to have it. Originally he had it set up with red or blue lights. I requested amber, so he switched it for me and assembled it with new gaskets(which he has made). The globe is very nice(not sure if it's a repop too?). We met up just a couple minutes north of me as he was coming down to the infamous Hartville Flea market.

Note the angled white bulbs to throw light up/down a hill to be seen better then just the level bulbs. He also had the "5-0" model(like they showed on Hawaii 5-0 beginning theme) which doesn't rotate, just oscillate back and forth.

SDC11099.jpg

I got some time this afternoon to get it mounted up....

SDC11102.jpg

SDC11100.jpg

Very cool(at least that's my opinion). Much better fitting to a old truck then that later model stuff. I'm now ready for the big July 4th parade that I plan to participate in this year.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Looks awesome on it!!!! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yes, typical red air suspension mechanic seat.

It's very bright, as the bulbs aren't fluted glass, just a smooth sealed beam.

My buddy was over yesterday and helped get it set up on there. When he came over today, he remarked it's quite LARGE sitting on top of the truck when he pulled in the driveway. The chrome base is like 4-5" tall, then the dome is another 5-6" tall.

I like it.

Terry, just bring them over when you drop off all that chrome interior panels?? Huh? right?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

That is the same model I have on faith. Is your dome glass or plastic? I run a plastic one but I do have a clear glass dome tucked away! Send me the info you have on that guy because I'm looking for some parts. It does look good up there.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Huh? What? Larry did you say something? My hearing isn't quite what it use to be..... :unsure:

To the back of the line with him!!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

TERRY...................I SAID YOU CAN BRING THE LIGHTS OVER WHEN YOU DROP OFF THE CHROME PANELS..............

Better??

:tease:

You keep screaming that loud from behind me and I'm gonna suffer hearing loss.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Back when I got my truck it had a very small KD light on the roof. Nothing much, but I suppose it was as good as they were going to do for it. I always wanted to upgrade, though I don't ever have a real need for a warning light.

b61a.jpg

Few years ago I came across this big four bulb Signal Stat at our local clubs winter auction. Got it cheap and it's pretty nice unit.

SDC11095.jpg

After some internet searching, I came across a site from a fellow that specializes in old warning lights and police/fire equipment. He was only an hour north of me to boot. I found this very cool Federal model 175 "hill light" and just had to have it. Originally he had it set up with red or blue lights. I requested amber, so he switched it for me and assembled it with new gaskets(which he has made). The globe is very nice(not sure if it's a repop too?). We met up just a couple minutes north of me as he was coming down to the infamous Hartville Flea market.

Note the angled white bulbs to throw light up/down a hill to be seen better then just the level bulbs. He also had the "5-0" model(like they showed on Hawaii 5-0 beginning theme) which doesn't rotate, just oscillate back and forth.

SDC11099.jpg

I got some time this afternoon to get it mounted up....

SDC11102.jpg

SDC11100.jpg

Very cool(at least that's my opinion). Much better fitting to a old truck then that later model stuff. I'm now ready for the big July 4th parade that I plan to participate in this year.

do you ever forget to take your stack covers off? or do you just pick them up in the yard after you start it? aj