Mack Legend series R model

Hello !

I would like to know if the Mack Legend series ( R model) was last made in 2004 ( I guess)

and like to know how many were made , also if they were sold in Canada .

regards

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale

They were built in the fall of 2003, but badged as 04 models if I'm not misaken. At least they were marketed as 2004's. I've been on the hunt for photos of these for several years now. There are five in my area that I know of. The two green roll-offs that James mentioend above, and three red tri-axle dump trucks.

I remember reading an article that said they would be limited to a quantity of 300; however, I had a chat with the gentleman at the assembly plant last year, who did the pin-striping on them, and I belive he said they only built around 110. Maybe Mack 3P could shed some light on this.

The gentleman also said they were built in red, green, black, white, and one blue one. (I've seen all but the blue one, either in person or in photos).

There were a fair number built. Green seemed to be the most common color, followed by red and black. There were a couple of black tractors with 24.5's and dual exhaust that I wish I would have bought. The problem with the RD Legend is that had the AI or AC engine. Those late '03 and early '04 ASET engines were total shop queens.

Hi !

thsnk you for all the info , so those dawgs are rare sight , do you know if any will be at Macungie this year ??

or if anyone has pics that could be shared .

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale

I couldn't have said what engines were in these until I read the other comments here, I would have guessed Mack wouldn't have engineered in an ASET engine for such a short run, but I see they had Power Leash engine brakes, which I think only started with the ASET engines. Need to do a little more digging on this.

post-2383-0-10606700-1338377514_thumb.jp

post-2383-0-77224500-1338377538_thumb.jp

• Like 1

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

Why were they discontinued?

They were replaced by the Granite.

Here are a few I've caught. The first two are the same truck, this guy has 3 of them, one identical to this one, and one with a Bibeau body, all are red.

2973233270101056949gkQKEf_fs.jpg

100_5440.jpg

This disposal company has two that I know of, one tandem, one tri-axles. (Images too large to embed).

Mack RD Legend Roll Off

A rare Mack R-Model Legend Rolloff

Dave said....

Here are a few I've caught. The first two are the same truck, this guy has 3 of them, one identical to this one, and one with a Bibeau body, all are red.

2973233270101056949gkQKEf_fs.jpg

100_5440.jpg

Dave

Yes Joe and Bob (J&R) has three,,, all 427's, two with 10spd multi reverse and 4.42's they came from Allentown and the one with the bibeau body came from Scranton and has a 13spd and 4.17s

Just so you know in case you go and make them an offer on one of them :whistling:

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

They were built in the fall of 2003, but badged as 04 models if I'm not misaken. At least they were marketed as 2004's. I've been on the hunt for photos of these for several years now. There are five in my area that I know of. The two green roll-offs that James mentioend above, and three red tri-axle dump trucks.

I remember reading an article that said they would be limited to a quantity of 300; however, I had a chat with the gentleman at the assembly plant last year, who did the pin-striping on them, and I belive he said they only built around 110. Maybe Mack 3P could shed some light on this.

The gentleman also said they were built in red, green, black, white, and one blue one. (I've seen all but the blue one, either in person or in photos).

Dave,take a ride to White Haven,,,,,1 mile in from rt80 on sr437 on the left side across from the Napa store.

They have a green one with a 370 ,,10spd and a J&J Dynahauler body that came from Allentown also.

Maybe when your up there,,,,you may catch Savage they run allot of CHN's for your other collections.

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM