Wasnt Somebody on Here Looking for a C model- Heres One

There was one at the ATYHS Virginia-Carolina Foothills chapter show a few years ago. I believe it was from the Ashville NC area??

It was restored by an old Hennis Frt Lines drive and painted and lettered HENNIS.

Somebody tell me how to post pictures and I will try to get one up..

Brocky

Brocky

HERE IS ANOTHER C MODEL IN CT. MY FATHER AND I RESTORED THIS TRUCK A FEW YEARS AGO. THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN AT THE BETHELHEM TRUCK SHOW IN 2010. HERES A PIC.

ITS A 1965 WITH AN END711 AND A 10 SPEED UNI-SHIFT.

post-6302-0-63647000-1336180819_thumb.jp

• Like 2

HERE IS ANOTHER C MODEL IN CT. MY FATHER AND I RESTORED THIS TRUCK A FEW YEARS AGO. THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN AT THE BETHELHEM TRUCK SHOW IN 2010. HERES A PIC.

ITS A 1965 WITH AN END711 AND A 10 SPEED UNI-SHIFT.

Let me compliment you because I think that Mack is awesome!!! You did a great job restoring it.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Engine is a 1991 300.Notes say it's set to 250HP.How can i find out if it's a Maxidyne,Econodyne ect..?Also what would they have done to detune it?Previous owner didn't think the turbo or pump was changed.It has a Dynatard,wich seems to work well.

A fuel injection shop could tell you by running the pump on a bench. There were some minute differences between a Maxidyne, and Thermodyne series governor setup that an experienced eye would know also.

All 300's were turbocharged and used some sort of aftercooling. I didn't see anything in this engine compartment that looks like an aftercooler so that is where they may have come up with the 250 rating.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Just looked at the notes again,says they were not able to fit a cooler!Would that take off the 50hp?

It would drop some horsepower and torque. I don't know how much. If the fuel delivery rate were not recalibrated with removal of the charge air cooler the truck would smoke a lot at part throttle due to excess fuel delivery.

Watch exhaust temps if this is the case.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

No smoke like that,i'd say it's been recalibrated.The engine was installed in the mid "90's.

250 horse or thereabouts will push that truck just fine with a set of 4.42 or lower gearset.

Rob

post-510-0-19257000-1336230531_thumb.jpgCheck this one out.Owners aren't ready to get rid of it,yet.It has an END 864 & quad box.It has been garage kept it's whole life.One of just 208 C615's built! Let alone C615ST's!
  • Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

post-510-0-19257000-1336230531_thumb.jpgCheck this one out.Owners aren't ready to get rid of it,yet.It has an END 864 & quad box.It has been garage kept it's whole life.One of just 208 C615's built! Let alone C615ST's!

Oh boy! Thats sweet! Got anymore info on it... Thats pretty close to what I'm looking for.

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

There was one at the ATYHS Virginia-Carolina Foothills chapter show a few years ago. I believe it was from the Ashville NC area??

It was restored by an old Hennis Frt Lines drive and painted and lettered HENNIS.

Somebody tell me how to post pictures and I will try to get one up..

Brocky

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Damn exporters were trying to get it!Cab is rock solid with minor rust.All the mods were done correctly,nothing on the truck is hacked.Engine is a 300,but i believe the turbo/pump is off a lesser HP engine???He said something about 250 specs???I have to go back for the folder with all the info.I hope to have it on the road and working this summer.

Aweosme! glad you got it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.