AC Mack radiator parts needed

redington

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the reply. I spoke to him some time ago but he could not help me. I think i will have to build something that looks right. hate to do that since the truck is very original and has no othe reproduction "stuff" on it.

I need an upper and lower water tanks for an early (pre 1920) AC Model. Entire radiator would work as well. Also need fire walls and fan. That is all that is left to complete my truck. 1919 Mack parts seem to be a bit scarce.

Call Devino truck parts in Newark NJ he has two early Bulldogs with the one piece blocks that he is parting out speek to Mike Devino, I have his phone # some place but you can lookup there # on line

BULLHUSK

What is the difference between the post and pre 1920 fans? I have an AC parts truck for my resto but it is a 1929. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

The difference is the early AC had a round radiator with the fan being belt driven from the driveshaft and was located in the center of the radiator. The later models had a pair of verticle, square radiators on each side of the cowl and the fan was mounted on the flywheel.

The difference is the early AC had a round radiator with the fan being belt driven from the driveshaft and was located in the center of the radiator. The later models had a pair of verticle, square radiators on each side of the cowl and the fan was mounted on the flywheel.

Wish I could help. Mine are too new. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 7 years later...

His name was Don Steinman, and a friend of mine.  I gave him a radiator and shaft with bearings from one of my AC's so he could complete his truck. He was able to take it to the ATHS show in Washington, but passed away a few months later. They had an auction, but it didn't sell.  I saw it for sale in Hemmings Motor News last year for a good bit of money.  Don't know if it sold.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...