What I spied on today's ride to town

HeavyGunner

First off just before town (about 2 or 3 miles) the road was closed down to one lane while the crews prepped for some demolition of Black Butte so I would quit sloughing off and blocking the road.

Crazy guy on some steep realestate with an excavator.

post-8681-0-30208300-1335554918_thumb.jp

Then some of the clean up equipment. D8L dozer and a 988B payloader. Sorry moving + rain= some blurry pics

post-8681-0-24343000-1335554986_thumb.jp

then some pics of a cool used equipment/salvage yard

post-8681-0-16069900-1335555067_thumb.jp

post-8681-0-58221300-1335555132_thumb.jp

On the far left of this pic there is a really cool looking old truck.

post-8681-0-61939300-1335555262_thumb.jp

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

That Western Star in the second pic looks like a classic. I'm not sure when they stopped using the round headlights, but it was quite some time ago.

Are they demolishing a mountain? I Googled Black Butte and found a "before" photo. I sure wouldn't want to take on a job like that without the proper equipment.

black-girl-with-huge-butt.jpg

Jim

I was just getting on the PATP a few weeks well maybe a month or so ago. just got on from 79 and probably the first construction zone. Now being an ex operator I have done some crazy crap with a lot of different machines but I have never seen an excavator on such a steep angle before in my life and not done a back flip or just slide down. I couldn't hang the phone up fast enough to get a pic but damn that operator had bigger nuts then me to be at the angle he was

Now, I have heard of shooting the moon.....

Yikes!

Quit sniffing the photo you sick man.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That Western Star in the second pic looks like a classic. I'm not sure when they stopped using the round headlights, but it was quite some time ago.

Are they demolishing a mountain? I Googled Black Butte and found a "before" photo. I sure wouldn't want to take on a job like that without the proper equipment.

black-girl-with-huge-butt.jpg

your google powers seem to be strengthening. LOL I am at a loss for words.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

First off just before town (about 2 or 3 miles) the road was closed down to one lane while the crews prepped for some demolition of Black Butte so I would quit sloughing off and blocking the road.

Crazy guy on some steep realestate with an excavator.

post-8681-0-30208300-1335554918_thumb.jp

I think it's randyp, but it's too far away to tell for sure.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Quit sniffing the photo you sick man.

Rob

Should be able to have "scratch and sniff" available as an option when a picture like this one is posted,no? and on a related story,heres another big,black dumper!........................Mark

post-5836-0-70462000-1335630263_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Should be able to have "scratch and sniff" available as an option when a picture like this one is posted,no? and on a related story,heres another big,black dumper!........................Mark

Now that one looks like it's earning it's keep. The jury is out on the other.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I was just getting on the PATP a few weeks well maybe a month or so ago. just got on from 79 and probably the first construction zone. Now being an ex operator I have done some crazy crap with a lot of different machines but I have never seen an excavator on such a steep angle before in my life and not done a back flip or just slide down. I couldn't hang the phone up fast enough to get a pic but damn that operator had bigger nuts then me to be at the angle he was

That's a fairly common site in western PA and probably one reason the TPKE tolls are so high compared to Ohio. They've been widening and in some cases realigning the road which often times requires some major excavation work.

The same can be said about real estate. Folks around here will level anything if it's an otherwise prime location.

• Like 1

Jim

It best be a "hung" jury to take that one on,,,,,randyp

I'm afraid I'd be like a mosquito screwing an elephant with that one screaming "Suffer Baby, Suffer"!!

Rob

• Like 1

That's a fairly common site in western PA and probably one reason the TPKE tolls are so high compared to Ohio. They've been widening and in some cases realigning the road which often times requires some major excavation work.

The same can be said about real estate. Folks around here will level anything if it's an otherwise prime location.

They are currently widening the Northeast Extension of the Pa Tpk (I476) between the east-west turnpike (MM20) and MM35

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

They are currently widening the Northeast Extension of the Pa Tpk (I476) between the east-west turnpike (MM20) and MM35

mm 0-13 was completed in recent years. I think mm 67-75 is done or close to it. mm 201-226 is underway.

A few years ago, they realigned the 2 sections on the hill from the Alleghent Tunnel to the 121 to remove some curves. That was a huge project.

Jim